Affiliation: Karolinska University Hospital
- Predictors of response to methotrexate in early DMARD naive rheumatoid arthritis: results from the initial open-label phase of the SWEFOT trialSaedis Saevarsdottir
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 70:469-75. 2011..To identify predictors of response to methotrexate (MTX) in early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Mannan Binding Lectin (MBL) genotypes coding for high MBL serum levels are associated with rheumatoid factor negative rheumatoid arthritis in never smokersSaedis Saevarsdottir
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, D2 01, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R65. 2011....
- Patients with rheumatoid arthritis have higher levels of mannan-binding lectin than their first-degree relatives and unrelated controlsSaedis Saevarsdottir
Department of Immunology and Center for Rheumatology Research, Landspitali University Hospital, Reykjavik, Iceland
J Rheumatol 34:1692-5. 2007..In the first family-based study, we compared MBL levels in patients with RA to population controls and also to their nonaffected first-degree relatives, who may be regarded as optimal controls because of less genetic variation...
- Patients with early rheumatoid arthritis who smoke are less likely to respond to treatment with methotrexate and tumor necrosis factor inhibitors: observations from the Epidemiological Investigation of Rheumatoid Arthritis and the Swedish Rheumatology RegSaedis Saevarsdottir
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 63:26-36. 2011..To determine whether cigarette smoking influences the response to treatment in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Evaluation of hand bone loss by digital X-ray radiogrammetry as a complement to clinical and radiographic assessment in early rheumatoid arthritis: results from the SWEFOT trialHamed Rezaei
Unit of Clinical Therapy Research, Inflammatory Diseases ClinTRID, The Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, SE 171 76, Sweden
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:79. 2013....
- In early rheumatoid arthritis, patients with a good initial response to methotrexate have excellent 2-year clinical outcomes, but radiological progression is not fully prevented: data from the methotrexate responders population in the SWEFOT trialHamed Rezaei
Unit of Clinical Therapy Research, Inflammatory Diseases, The Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 71:186-91. 2012..To investigate the 2-year clinical and radiological outcomes of patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA; symptom duration <1 year) who had initially responded well to methotrexate monotherapy...
- Patterns of interaction between genetic and nongenetic attributes and methotrexate efficacy in rheumatoid arthritisThierry Dervieux
Exagen Diagnostics, Inc, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 22:1-9. 2012..We sought to elucidate architecture of methotrexate response in three cohorts of patients with RA treated with methotrexate...
- Association of three systemic lupus erythematosus susceptibility factors, PD-1.3A, C4AQ0, and low levels of mannan-binding lectin, with autoimmune manifestations in Icelandic multicase systemic lupus erythematosus familiesHelga Kristjansdottir
Landspitali University Hospital, Reykjavik, Iceland
Arthritis Rheum 58:3865-72. 2008..3A, C4AQ0, and low levels of mannan-binding lectin (MBL), with autoimmune disease in this population...
- Very high levels of anti-citrullinated protein antibodies are associated with HLA-DRB1*15 non-shared epitope allele in patients with rheumatoid arthritisJudit Laki
Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 64:2078-84. 2012....
- [Postgraduate medical education in Iceland; medical students' and residents' attitude]Inga Sif Olafsdóttir
Department of Medicine, Iceland University Hospital, Fossvogi, 108 Reykjavik, Iceland
Laeknabladid 91:511-4. 2005..Various parties have expressed interest in establishing formal postgraduate medical education programs. The interest of residents and medical students to such programs in Iceland has not been evaluated before...
- Low serum mannose-binding lectin level increases the risk of death due to pneumococcal infectionDamon P Eisen
Centre for Clinical Research Excellence in Infectious Diseases, Victorian Infectious Diseases Service, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Clin Infect Dis 47:510-6. 2008..However, MBL deficiency has not been rigorously defined, and associations with sepsis outcomes have not been subjected to multivariable analysis...
- Mannan binding lectin as an adjunct to risk assessment for myocardial infarction in individuals with enhanced riskSaedis Saevarsdottir
Department of Immunology, Landspitali University Hospital, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
J Exp Med 201:117-25. 2005..Our findings indicate that high MBL may predict decreased likelihood of MI, particularly in diabetics, and are consistent with the possibility that MBL may promote clearance of atherogenic agents...