Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Associations between estimated fatty acid desaturase activities in serum lipids and adipose tissue in humans: links to obesity and insulin resistanceEva Warensjo
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Lipids Health Dis 8:37. 2009..D5D in PL was inversely related to obesity and insulin resistance, whereas D6D index showed positive associations...
- Association between dairy food consumption and weight change over 9 y in 19,352 perimenopausal womenMagdalena Rosell
The National Institute of Environmental Medicine, Division of Nutritional Epidemiology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 84:1481-8. 2006..Dairy foods may play a role in the regulation of body weight...
- Dietary fish and fish oil and the risk of rheumatoid arthritisMagdalena Rosell
Division of Cardiovascular Epidemiology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Epidemiology 20:896-901. 2009..Whether the intake of oily fish and fish oil might also protect against the development of rheumatoid arthritis is not known...
- Eating meals irregularly: a novel environmental risk factor for the metabolic syndromeJusto Sierra-Johnson
Department of Medicine, Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1302-7. 2008..Skipping meals is a common practice in our current society; however, it is not clear whether eating meals regularly is associated with the metabolic syndrome...
- Autoantibodies against modified apolipoprotein B-100 in relation to low-density lipoprotein size and the metabolic syndrome in otherwise healthy menPer Sjogren
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Metabolism 57:362-6. 2008..07). We conclude that subjects with a predominance of small dense LDL particles have elevated concentrations of IgG(45) in the circulation, which reflect an activated immune response to a specific epitope of modified apo B-100...
- Measures of oxidized low-density lipoprotein and oxidative stress are not related and not elevated in otherwise healthy men with the metabolic syndromePer Sjogren
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:2580-6. 2005..F2-isoprostanes are lipid peroxidation products and considered the most reliable biomarkers of oxidative stress...
- Markers of endothelial activity are related to components of the metabolic syndrome, but not to circulating concentrations of the advanced glycation end-product N epsilon-carboxymethyl-lysine in healthy Swedish menPer Sjogren
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 195:e168-75. 2007..Insulin resistance, inflammation, oxidative stress, the dietary intake of energy and alcohol, but not plasma CML, predicted endothelial activation in these men...
- Milk-derived fatty acids are associated with a more favorable LDL particle size distribution in healthy menPer Sjogren
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, King Gustaf V Research Institute, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Nutr 134:1729-35. 2004..Furthermore, 20:3(n-6) in adipose tissue and serum phospholipids was positively related to sdLDL. Therefore, LDL particle size distribution appears to be modified by dietary factors with an apparently beneficial effect of milk products...
- Height, age at menarche, body weight and body mass index in life-long vegetariansMagdalena Rosell
Cancer Research UK Epidemiology Unit, University of Oxford, Gibson Building, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford OX2 6HE, UK
Public Health Nutr 8:870-5. 2005....