Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Lifestyle, social factors, and survival after age 75: population based studyDebora Rizzuto
Aging Research Center, Department of Neurobiology, Health Care Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University, 113 30 Stockholm, Sweden
BMJ 345:e5568. 2012..To identify modifiable factors associated with longevity among adults aged 75 and older...
- Dementia after age 75: survival in different severity stages and years of life lostDebora Rizzuto
Aging Research Center, Department of Neurobiology, Health Care Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institutet, Gavlegatan 16, 113 30 Stockholm
Curr Alzheimer Res 9:795-800. 2012..4 for cancer. We found a similar impact of dementia and CVD on survival, but following diagnosis, persons with dementia, and especially women, spent half of their remaining lives in the severe disabling stages of the disease...
- High plasma levels of vitamin E forms and reduced Alzheimer's disease risk in advanced ageFrancesca Mangialasche
Aging Research Center, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Alzheimers Dis 20:1029-37. 2010..The neuroprotective effect of vitamin E seems to be related to the combination of different forms, rather than to alpha-tocopherol alone, whose efficacy in interventions against AD is currently debated...
- APOE-related mortality: effect of dementia, cardiovascular disease and genderLina Rosvall
Aging Research Center, Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm Gerontology Research Center, SE 11330, Stockholm, Sweden
Neurobiol Aging 30:1545-51. 2009..These findings suggest different roles for the APOE alleles in survival by gender in old age...
- Patterns of chronic multimorbidity in the elderly populationAlessandra Marengoni
Aging Research Center, Department of Neurobiology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:225-30. 2009..To describe patterns of comorbidity and multimorbidity in elderly people...