Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Neonatal glucose metabolism in offspring of mothers with varying degrees of hyperglycemia during pregnancyBengt Persson
Department of Women and Child Health, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 14:106-10. 2009..Mothers with the highest fasting glucose had infants with the highest frequency of clinical neonatal hypoglycaemia (4,6%)...
- Insulin lispro therapy in pregnancies complicated by type 1 diabetes mellitusB Persson
Department of Pediatrics, Karolinska Hospital, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 58:115-21. 2002..To compare the efficacy and safety of preprandial administration of rapid-acting lispro analogue with regular short-acting insulin to pregnant women with type 1 diabetes...
- Leptin concentrations in cord blood in normal newborn infants and offspring of diabetic mothersB Persson
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Horm Metab Res 31:467-71. 1999..The 3-4 times higher leptin levels in the offspring of diabetic mothers than normal could reflect increased adipose tissue mass and/or increased contribution from other sources such as placental tissue...
- Neonatal morbidities in gestational diabetes mellitusB Persson
Department of Women and Child Health Division of Pediatrics, St Goran s Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes Care 21:B79-84. 1998..Of equal importance is to standardize and systematize the criteria used to assess the significance of any such impact...
- Temporary preservation of beta-cell function by diazoxide treatment in childhood type 1 diabetesEva Ortqvist
Department of Woman and Child Health, Astrid Lindgrens Children s Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes Care 27:2191-7. 2004..We examined the effect of diazoxide, an ATP-sensitive K(+) channel opener and inhibitor of insulin secretion, on beta-cell function and remission in children at clinical onset of type 1 diabetes...
- Renal functional effects of prostaglandin synthesis inhibition in patients with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus of long duration without nephropathyT Linne
Department of Pediatrics, Karolinska Institute, St Goran s Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Horm Metab Res 23:383-6. 1991..14.5 +/- 10.6 and 12.9 +/- 8.3 in controls). We conclude that the hyperfiltration in this stage of IDDM does not appear to be PG dependent, and that PGSI does not give any immediate effects on the albumin excretion...
- Influence of the initial management regimen and family social situation on glycemic control and medical care in children with type I diabetes mellitusG A Forsander
Department of Pediatrics, Falun Hospital, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 89:1462-8. 2000....
- Is carbohydrate metabolism altered among women who have undergone a preeclamptic pregnancy?H Nisell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Clinical Research Center Huddinge, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
Gynecol Obstet Invest 48:241-6. 1999..To compare women after a preeclamptic pregnancy with women after a normal pregnancy with respect to androgenic-anabolic status and carbohydrate and lipid profiles...
- Insulin sensitivity and insulin response in women with gestational diabetes mellitusB Persson
Department of Pediatrics, , Stockholm, Sweden
Horm Metab Res 29:393-7. 1997....
- Changes in GAD65Ab-specific antiidiotypic antibody levels correlate with changes in C-peptide levels and progression to islet cell autoimmunityE Ortqvist
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:E310-8. 2010....
- Decreased beta-cell function in women with previous small for gestational age infantsB Persson
Department of Pediatrics, , Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Horm Metab Res 25:170-4. 1993..98 +/- 2.10 in the SGA as compared to 4.36 +/- 1.18 x 10(-4)min-1 x uU-1 in the AGA group (antilogged values +/- 95% confidence intervals). Early insulin response (GIT) and Si values were inversely correlated (r = -0.48, p < 0.05)...
- Intrapartum tocolysis has no effect on fetal lactate concentrationL Nordstrom
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynaecology South Hospital, S 118 83, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 89:165-8. 2000..Design: Descriptive study...
- Isolation and characterization of porcine diazepam-binding inhibitor, a polypeptide not only of cerebral occurrence but also common in intestinal tissues and with effects on regulation of insulin releaseZ W Chen
Department of Biochemistry II, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Biochem 174:239-45. 1988..It is possible that DBI belongs to a new family of gut polypeptides which inhibit glucose-mediated insulin release by hormonal and/or neurocrine mechanisms...
- Separate functional features of proinsulin C-peptideM Henriksson
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77, Stockholm, Sweden
Cell Mol Life Sci 62:1772-8. 2005..Previous findings have ascribed functional roles to the C-terminal pentapeptide segment, and all results combined therefore now show the importance of different segments, suggesting that C-peptide interactions are complex or multiple...
- Fast atom bombardment mass spectrometry and chemical analysis in determinations of acyl-blocked protein structuresB Egestad
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
FEBS Lett 269:194-6. 1990..The exact end location of C-terminal structures was also established. Together, the analyses permit the definition of terminal regions and blocking groups, thus facilitating the delineation of remaining structures...
- Interrelation between glucose, insulin, C-peptide and 3-hydroxybutyrate in plasma and amniotic fluid in last trimester diabetic women without residual betacell functionH Pschera
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Huddinge University Hospital, Sweden
Horm Metab Res 20:498-501. 1988..05). During the 2 hour study period AF levels of glucose, insulin and C-peptide remained essentially unchanged in both groups of women. Changes in maternal plasma 3-HB concentrations seemed to be more rapidly reflected in AF...
- Low-dose angiotensin II increases glucose disposal rate during euglycemic hyperinsulinemiaB R Widgren
Department of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Hospital, , Sweden
Am J Hypertens 6:892-5. 1993..We conclude that angiotensin II within physiological range stimulates insulin-mediated glucose uptake in healthy men. The mechanisms are, however, unclear, but changes in blood flow are probably not responsible for the observed effects...
- Hyperglycemia and adverse pregnancy outcomesBoyd E Metzger
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
N Engl J Med 358:1991-2002. 2008..It is controversial whether maternal hyperglycemia less severe than that in diabetes mellitus is associated with increased risks of adverse pregnancy outcomes...