Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Mortality and reoperations in survivors operated on for acute type A aortic dissection and implications for catheter-based or hybrid interventionsChristian Olsson
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery Unit, The Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Vasc Surg 58:333-339.e1. 2013..This study investigated late outcomes (mortality, reoperations) and their associated predictors after operations for acute type A aortic dissection. The role catheter-based and hybrid interventions is discussed...
- Family history, comorbidity and risk of thoracic aortic disease: a population-based case-control studyChristian Olsson
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset, Thoraxkliniken, Stockholm, Sweden
Heart 99:1030-3. 2013..To examine the risk of thoracic aortic disease (TAD) when one or more first-degree relatives are affected, and to relate the risk of family history to the risk of other cardiopulmonary comorbidity...
- Mortality in acute type A aortic dissection: validation of the Penn classificationChristian Olsson
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, The Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Thorac Surg 92:1376-82. 2011..Recently, the Penn classification of patients with acute type A aortic dissection has been described. The primary aim was to validate the Penn classification and to investigate preoperative variables related to mortality...
- Aortic dimensions in patients with bicuspid and tricuspid aortic valvesVeronica Jackson
Cardiothoracic Surgery Unit at the Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 146:605-10. 2013..This study evaluated the possible correlation between ascending aortic dilatation and dilatation of the remaining aorta in patients with bicuspid and tricuspid aortic valves, respectively...
- Surgical and long-term mortality in 2634 consecutive patients operated on the proximal thoracic aortaChristian Olsson
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Thoraxkliniken, Uppsala University Hospital, Akademiska sjukhuset, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:963-9; discussion 969. 2007..To assess surgical and long-term mortality in a large, contemporary, unselected cohort of patients undergoing operations on the proximal thoracic aorta...
- Impact of organ failure and major complications on outcome in acute Type A aortic dissectionChristian Olsson
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Cardiovascular Surgery Unit, The Karolinska Institute and Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand Cardiovasc J 47:352-8. 2013..The objective was to analyze the prevalence of organ failure and major complications, their interrelationship and predictors, and their impact on early and late survival...