Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Evidence for nonvesicular nitric oxide release evoked by nerve activationC Olgart
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 12:1303-9. 2000..1 microM). These findings suggest that the neuronal release of endogenous NO is independent of intact synaptobrevin/VAMP, and therefore provide further evidence that nerve-mediated release of further NO is nonvesicular...
- Nerve growth factor levels and localisation in human asthmatic bronchiC Olgart Hoglund
Eur Respir J 20:1110-6. 2002....
- Local increase in the number of mast cells and expression of nerve growth factor in the bronchus of asthmatic patients after repeated inhalation of allergen at low-doseO Kassel
INSERM U 425, , , BP 24, 67401 Illkirch Cedex, France
Clin Exp Allergy 31:1432-40. 2001..In addition, our finding of the presence of the TrkA receptor on the membrane of the infiltrated mast cell in situ brings evidence of the mast cell as a target cell for the growth factor activity of NGF in the airways in asthma...
- Human lung fibroblasts secrete nerve growth factor: effect of inflammatory cytokines and glucocorticoidsC Olgart
, Neuroimmunopharmacologie Pulmonaire, , , Illkirch, France
Eur Respir J 18:115-21. 2001....
- Nerve growth factor secretion by human lung epithelial A549 cells in pro- and anti-inflammatory conditionsF Pons
, , Neuroimmunopharmacologie Pulmonaire, , , B.P. 24, 67401 Cedex, Illkirch, France
Eur J Pharmacol 428:365-9. 2001..001). In conclusion, we here report that human airway A549 epithelial cells are capable of producing NGF. This production is positively regulated by the pro-inflammatory interleukin-1beta, and negatively regulated by dexamethasone...
- Effects of neurotrophins on human bronchial smooth muscle cell migration and matrix metalloproteinase-9 secretionCharlotta Dagnell
Department of Medicine Solna, Division of Respiratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Transl Res 150:303-10. 2007..BDNF and NT-3, but not NGF, stimulated HBSMC migration as evaluated by Boyden chamber. Taken together, our data indicate that the neurotrophins may stimulate events important for airway remodeling...
- Nerve growth factor enhances neurokinin A-induced airway responses and exhaled nitric oxide via a histamine-dependent mechanismLydia Bennedich Kahn
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Von Eulers Vag 8, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 21:522-32. 2008..This points to an important role for the mast cell in neurotrophin-evoked airway hyperresponsiveness and changes in exhaled NO...
- Effects of examination stress on psychological responses, sleep and allergic symptoms in atopic and non-atopic studentsSusanna Jernelöv
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Behav Med 16:305-10. 2009..Recent findings indicate that atopics may be more vulnerable to stress than non-atopics. However, the roles of psychological well-being and sleep in this presumed increased sensitivity are not known...