Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Neonatal screening for congenital adrenal hyperplasia: 17-hydroxyprogesterone levels and CYP21 genotypes in preterm infantsA Nordenstrom
Department of Pediatrics, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Sweden
Pediatrics 108:E68. 2001..The aim of the study was to optimize the procedure for neonatal screening for CAH in preterm infants...
- Sex-typed toy play behavior correlates with the degree of prenatal androgen exposure assessed by CYP21 genotype in girls with congenital adrenal hyperplasiaAnna Nordenstrom
Department of Pediatrics, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge University Hospital, S 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:5119-24. 2002..Our results support the view that prenatal androgen exposure has a direct organizational effect on the human brain to determine certain aspects of sex-typed behavior...
- Female preponderance in congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to CYP21 deficiency in England: implications for neonatal screeningA Nordenstrom
Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Horm Res 63:22-8. 2005..Our findings strongly support the need for implementation of a neonatal screening programme for CAH in the UK which may reduce the male infant mortality...
- Suboptimal psychosocial outcomes in patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia: epidemiological studies in a nonbiased national cohort in SwedenA Strandqvist
Departments of Paediatric Endocrinology A S, A Nordenst and Paediatric Surgery A Nordensk, Astrid Lindgren Children Hospital, Departments of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes H F and Women s and Children s Health, and Center for Inherited Metabolic Diseases A W, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden and Departments of Molecular Medicine and Surgery H F, A W, Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics P L, C N, Clinical Neuroscience L F, and Women s and Children s Health A S, A L H, A Nordensk, A Nordenst, Center for Molecular Medicine A Nordensk, and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Research Center L F, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:1425-32. 2014..Congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH), CYP21A2 deficiency, results in cortisol and aldosterone deficiency and increased production of androgens, with a good genotype phenotype correlation...
- Disorders of sex developmentM Barbaro
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 16:119-27. 2011....