Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Antibody-bound amyloid precursor protein upregulates ornithine decarboxylase expressionTatjana Nilsson
Karolinska Institutet, Neurotec, Section of Experimental Geriatrics, Novum floor 5, 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 341:1294-9. 2006..The induced ODC expression was rapid and biphasic, resembling growth-factor stimulated signalling events. This study shows that antibody-bound APP leads to altered gene expression that may be relevant to AD...
- Altered subcellular localization of ornithine decarboxylase in Alzheimer's disease brainTatjana Nilsson
Karolinska Institutet, Neurotec, Section of Experimental Geriatrics, Novum, 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 344:640-6. 2006..In conclusion, our study reveals an early shift of the ODC immunoreactivity in AD from the nuclear compartment towards the cytoplasm...
- Cognitive impairment in the Tg6590 transgenic rat model of Alzheimer's diseaseEwa Kloskowska
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society, Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Mol Med 14:1816-23. 2010..The Tg6590 transgenic rat line should prove a suitable model of early AD for advanced studies including serial cerebrospinal fluid sampling, electrophysiology, neuroimaging or complex behavioural testing...
- A transgenic rat expressing human APP with the Swedish Alzheimer's disease mutationRonnie Folkesson
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Neurobiology, Caring Sciences and Society, Novum, 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 358:777-82. 2007..We believe that crossing these animals with mutant PS1 transgenic rats will result in accelerated plaque formation similar to that seen in transgenic mice...
- Presenilin dependence of phospholipase C and protein kinase C signalingNodi Dehvari
Karolinska Institutet, NVS, KI Alzheimer Disease Research Center, Novum, Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurochem 102:848-57. 2007..These results show that PLC and PKC activations are modulated by PS and also that PSs differentially regulate the expression of PKC isoforms by both APP/AICD-dependent and independent mechanisms...