Affiliation: Karolinska Hospital
- Prevalence of gastro-oesophageal reflux symptoms and the influence of age and sexM Nilsson
Department of Surgery, Karolinska Institrutet, Karolinska Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:1040-5. 2004..Most previous studies of reflux symptom prevalence are of small sample size. No reliable data concerning age- and sex-stratified prevalence are available...
- Body mass and reflux oesophagitis: an oestrogen-dependent association?M Nilsson
Dept of Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:626-30. 2002..There is widespread belief that obesity is associated with gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, but the scientific evidence is weak and contradictory. Our aim is to evaluate the relation between body mass and reflux oesophagitis...
- Obesity and estrogen as risk factors for gastroesophageal reflux symptomsMagnus Nilsson
Department of Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
JAMA 290:66-72. 2003..Gastroesophageal reflux and obesity are both increasing in prevalence. The scientific evidence for an association between these conditions is sparse and contradictory. A difference between sexes concerning this relation has been proposed...
- Lifestyle related risk factors in the aetiology of gastro-oesophageal refluxM Nilsson
Department of Surgery, Karolinska Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Gut 53:1730-5. 2004..The aetiology of gastro-oesophageal reflux is largely unknown. The authors' aim was to examine the relation between lifestyle habits and gastro-oesophageal reflux symptoms...
- Effect of intended intraoperative cholangiography and early detection of bile duct injury on survival after cholecystectomy: population based cohort studyBjörn Törnqvist
Division of Surgery, CLINTEC, Karolinska Institutet and Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
BMJ 345:e6457. 2012..To determine whether the routine use of intraoperative cholangiography can improve survival from complications related to bile duct injuries...
- Rendezvous cannulation technique reduces post-ERCP pancreatitis: a prospective nationwide study of 12,718 ERCP proceduresFredrik Swahn
Division of Surgery, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology CLINTEC, Karolinska Institutet and Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Gastroenterol 108:552-9. 2013....
- A 10-year study of rendezvous intraoperative endoscopic retrograde cholangiography during cholecystectomy and the risk of post-ERCP pancreatitisRozh Noel
Division of Surgery, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology CLINTEC, Karolinska Institutet, Stockhom, Sweden
Surg Endosc 27:2498-503. 2013..The objective of this study is to investigate procedure-related complications in IOERC patients and stone clearance...
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography with rendezvous cannulation reduces pancreatic injuryFredrik Swahn
Fredrik Swahn, Lars Enochsson, Lars Lundell, Johan Permert, Magnus Nilsson, Urban Arnelo, Division of Surgery, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, S 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
World J Gastroenterol 19:6026-34. 2013..To examine whether rendezvous endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) is associated with less pancreatic damage, measured as leakage of proenzymes, than conventional ERCP...
- Long-term effects of iatrogenic bile duct injury during cholecystectomyBjörn Törnqvist
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:1013-8; quiz 915. 2009..The aim of this study was to study survival, factors influencing survival, and causes of death after iatrogenic reconstructed bile duct injury in a large population-based Swedish cohort...
- Possible mortality reduction by endoscopic sphincterotomy during endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: a population-based case-control studyCecilia Strömberg
Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Surg Endosc 26:1369-76. 2012..This study aimed to calculate mortality and to identify risk factors for death within 90 days after ERCP for nonmalignant disease...
- The relation between gastroesophageal reflux and respiratory symptoms in a population-based study: the Nord-Trøndelag health surveyHelena Nordenstedt
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Chest 129:1051-6. 2006..In spite of numerous investigations, the relation between respiratory symptoms and reflux symptoms in the general population remains unclear, since population-based studies are few...
- Helicobacter pylori infection and gastroesophageal reflux in a population-based study (The HUNT Study)Helena Nordenstedt
Unit of Esophageal and Gastric Research, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Helicobacter 12:16-22. 2007..pylori and reflux remains uncertain. The aim of this study was to investigate this relationship in a population-based, nested, case-control study...
- The relation between body mass and gastro-oesophageal refluxMagnus Nilsson
Department of Surgery, Karolinska Intitutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 18:1117-23. 2004..Weight-reduction seems to reduce the risk of symptomatic gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, indicating that such strategy might be a useful tool in the treatment of reflux...
- Nationwide, population-based data from 11,074 ERCP procedures from the Swedish Registry for Gallstone Surgery and ERCPLars Enochsson
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Gastrointest Endosc 72:1175-84, 1184.e1-3. 2010..The Swedish Registry for Gallstone Surgery and ERCP (GallRiks) is the first nationwide Web-based quality registry for gallstone surgery and ERCP in the world. In this article we report data from 11,074 ERCPs performed in 2007 and 2008...
- No association between gastroesophageal reflux and cancers of the larynx and pharynxMagnus Nilsson
Department of Surgery P9 03, Karolinska Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1194-7. 2005..To examine the proposed relation between gastroesophageal reflux disease and cancers of the larynx and pharynx...
- Hybrid SPECT/CT imaging of sentinel nodes in esophageal cancer: first resultsJon A Tsai
Division of Surgery, CLINTEC, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm
Acta Radiol 54:369-73. 2013..Sentinel node (SN) biopsy in esophageal cancer has the potential of becoming an important tool for ruling out the presence of lymph node metastases in patients opted for less extensive surgery without neoadjuvant treatment...
- ImmunoCAP Phadiatop Infant--a new blood test for detecting IgE sensitisation in children at 2 years of ageN Ballardini
Sachs Children s Hospital, South Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Allergy 61:337-43. 2006..Correct diagnosis of immunoglobulin E (IgE)-mediated disease is the prerequisite for secondary allergy prevention during early childhood...
- Effects on heart function of neoadjuvant chemotherapy and chemoradiotherapy in patients with cancer in the esophagus or gastroesophageal junction - a prospective cohort pilot study within a randomized clinical trialMikael Lund
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, and Division of Anaesthesiology, CLINTEC, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, 141 86, Stockholm, Sweden
Radiat Oncol 10:16. 2015..Chemoradiotherapy might impair cardiac function eliciting postoperative morbidity. The aim of this pilot study was to describe acute changes in left ventricular function following chemoradiotherapy or chemotherapy...
- Postoperative pancreatic fistula formation according to ISGPF criteria after D2 gastrectomy in Western patientsChih Han Kung
Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Division of Surgery, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, GastroCentrum kirurgi K53, 141 81, Stockholm, Sweden
Gastric Cancer 17:571-7. 2014....
- Iatrogenic bile duct injury: a population-based study of 152 776 cholecystectomies in the Swedish Inpatient RegistryAnne Waage
Department of Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, 14186 Stockholm, Sweden
Arch Surg 141:1207-13. 2006..The incidence of BDI at cholecystectomy may have increased after the introduction of laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Endoscopic sphincterotomy and risk of malignancy in the bile ducts, liver, and pancreasCecilia Strömberg
Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:1049-53. 2008..However, large population-based studies testing this hypothesis are lacking. The aim of this study was to evaluate the risk in a large population-based cohort...
- Stone clearance and risk factors for failure in laparoscopic transcystic exploration of the common bile ductCecilia Strömberg
Department of Clinical Science, Intervention, and Technology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Surg Endosc 22:1194-9. 2008..There are several alternatives in treating these patients. We have chosen to try to extract the CBD stones at the primary operation by laparoscopic transcystic CBD exploration...
- Treatment of postoperative esophagorespiratory fistulas with dual self-expanding metal stentsThorhallur Agustsson
Department of Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
World J Surg 33:1224-8. 2009..With the introduction and development of self-expandable metal stents (SEMS), new therapeutic options have emerged for these severe complications...
- Perception of very small visual stimuli in the fovea: normative data for the Rarebit Foveal TestM Nilsson
Section of Ophthalmology and Vision, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Exp Optom 89:81-5. 2006....
- Oestrogen receptor alpha gene expression levels are reduced in obese compared to normal weight femalesM Nilsson
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
Int J Obes (Lond) 31:900-7. 2007..To determine whether oestrogen receptor (ER)alpha messenger RNA (mRNA) levels or single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) are associated with obesity in Swedish women...
- Gene expression profiling identifies liver X receptor alpha as an estrogen-regulated gene in mouse adipose tissueL Lundholm
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institutet, SE 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
J Mol Endocrinol 32:879-92. 2004..Finally, we show that ERalpha is the main estrogen receptor expressed in mouse white adipose tissue (WAT) with mRNA levels several hundred times higher than those of ERbeta mRNA...
- Shifts in B12 opinions in primary health care of SwedenJ Lokk
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute Huddinge Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Public Health 29:122-8. 2001..Most patients with B12-associated problems are managed in primary health care by general practitioners (GPs)...