Affiliation: Karolinska University Hospital
- Patients' perspectives of living with a percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG)Lena Martin
Unit of Upper Gastrointestinal Research, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Gastroenterol 12:126. 2012..The aim of this study was therefore to investigate patients' experience of living with a percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) in order to increase the understanding of patients' need for support...
- Long-term weight change after oesophageal cancer surgeryL Martin
Unit of Oesophageal and Gastric Research, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Surg 96:1308-14. 2009..Malnutrition is common after oesophageal cancer surgery. This study investigated weight changes and the risk of malnutrition among long-term survivors...
- Risk factors for malnutrition after oesophageal and cardia cancer surgeryL Martin
Unit of Oesophageal and Gastric Research, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Surg 95:1362-8. 2008..Oesophageal cancer surgery is often followed by malnutrition, but the factors causing weight loss are unknown. The aim of this population-based study was to identify such risk factors...
- Malnutrition after oesophageal cancer surgery in SwedenL Martin
Unit of Esophageal and Gastric Research ESOGAR, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Surg 94:1496-500. 2007..The aim of this study was to estimate weight change after surgery in a population-based setting and to identify nutritional problems that might correlate with weight loss...
- The influence of needle catheter jejunostomy on weight development after oesophageal cancer surgery in a population-based studyL Martin
Unit of Esophageal and Gastric Research ESOGAR, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:713-7. 2007..We aimed to assess whether needle catheter jejunostomy (NCJ) influences the weight development or discharge from hospital after oesophageal cancer surgery in an unselected and prospectively collected series of patients...
- Linear growth and body mass index in pediatric patients with Cushing's disease or simple obesityJ E Greening
Department of Endocrinology, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
J Endocrinol Invest 29:885-7. 2006..The exclusion of Cushing's disease (CD) requires complex and potentially invasive investigations...
- Adipose tissue gene expression in obese dogs after weight lossV Leray
Nutrition and Endocrinology Unit, National Veterinary School of Nantes, Nantes, France
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 92:390-8. 2008..Our results also confirm dramatic differences in the lipid metabolism of visceral and subcutaneous fat. They should be completed by comparing gene expression during weight losing and normal weight steady state...
- [Increased haemoglobin A2 levels in pseudoxanthoma elasticum]L Martin
Consultation Multidisciplinaire PXE, CHR d Orleans, Cedex, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 133:645-51. 2006..A PXE phenotype without mutations in ABCC6 has been described in Greek and Italian patients presenting with beta thalassemia. We attempted to determine the incidence of beta thalassemia in a cohort of French patients with PXE...
- Expression of TGFbeta-1 and Type I TGFbeta-receptor on sequential biopsies of renal transplants with chronic allograft nephropathyL Martin
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, 7 Boulevard Jeanne d Arc, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Transplant Proc 38:2327-9. 2006..Further studies are in progress in order to quantify mRNA of both molecules with real-time polymerase chain reaction...
- [Use of non prescription drugs for acute dermatoses. A prospective study of 111 hospitalized patients]E Esteve
Service de Dermatologie, CHR d Orleans, Hôpital Porte Madeleine, 1, rue Porte Madeleine, BP 2439, 45032 Orleans Cedex 1
Ann Dermatol Venereol 132:372-3. 2005
- [Hospitalisation modes for patients with acute dermatoses]E Esteve
Service de Dermatologie, CHR Orleans, 45032 Orleans Cedex 1, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 131:829-30. 2004
- [Lung separation after reintubation with airway exchange catheter in multiple trauma patient with massive haemoptysis]C Laplace
département d anesthésie réanimation chirurgicale, CHU de Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 78, rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, Cedex, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 23:920-4. 2004..Haemoptysis has been controlled by embolization of the right bronchial artery...
- Inflammatory related changes in bone mineral content in adults with cystic fibrosisC S Haworth
Department of Medicine, University of Manchester, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Thorax 59:613-7. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine whether markers of systemic inflammation are related to changes in bone mineral content (BMC) in adults with cystic fibrosis...
- Extraperitoneal approach reduces neutrophil activation, systemic inflammatory response and organ dysfunctionin aortic aneurysm surgeryL L Lau
Vascular Surgery Unit, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast, BT9 7AB, Northern Ireland
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 21:326-33. 2001..This may be related to intestinal manipulation and mesenteric traction which are reduced in the extraperitoneal approach...
- Leptin, body fat content and energy expenditure in intact and gonadectomized adult cats: a preliminary studyL Martin
Laboratory of Nutrition and Endocrinology, National Veterinary School of Nantes, Nantes France
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 85:195-9. 2001..The present results provide further evidence that the regimen of gonadectomized cats should be carefully controlled to avoid excessive weight gain...
- Gastrointestinal transit of solid radiopaque markers in large and giant breed growing dogsM Weber
Laboratory of Nutrition and Endocrinology, National Veterinary School of Nantes, BP 40706, 44307 Nantes Cedex 3, France
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 85:242-50. 2001..These could explained why digestive function and sensitivity could be different in dogs from different sizes and breeds...
- Small-cell carcinoma of the esophagus: report of three cases and review of the literature with emphasis on therapyA Madroszyk
, University Hospital, , France
Ann Oncol 12:1321-5. 2001..This retrospective study reports our experience of patients with this particular tumor and outlines the management strategy based on the available literature...
- [Post-radiotherapy eruption in a patient treated with valproic acid. Rowell's syndrome?]E Esteve
Service de Dermatologie, CHR Orleans, Cedex, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 129:901-3. 2002
- Sporadic colorectal cancers with defective mismatch repair display a number of specific morphological characteristics: relationship between the expression of hMLH1 and hMSH2 proteins and clinicopathological features of 273 adenocarcinomasC Chapusot
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU Dijon and Registre Bourguignon des Cancers Digestifs, Faculté de Médecine INSERM EPI 01 06, IFR 100, 7 Boulevard Jeanne d Arc, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Histopathology 43:40-7. 2003..The aim of this study was to assess the independent value of pathological criteria in the diagnosis of mismatch repair (MMR)-defective sporadic colorectal cancers...
- A 5-year follow-up study of disease incidence in men with an abnormal hormone patternR Rosmond
Cardiovascular Institute, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Intern Med 254:386-90. 2003..Previous studies have suggested that abnormal levels of cortisol and testosterone might increase the risk of serious somatic diseases. To test this hypothesis, we conducted a 5-year follow-up study in middle-aged men...
- Influence of age and body size on the digestibility of a dry expanded diet in dogsM Weber
Laboratory of Nutrition and Endocrinology, National Veterinary School of Nantes, Nantes Cedex, France
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 87:21-31. 2003..In conclusion, these results show (i) an effect of age and body size on nutrients digestibility and (ii) that the lower faecal quality observed in healthy large breed dogs does not appear related to lower nutrient utilization...
- Early detection of prostate cancer in African-American men through use of multiple biomarkers: human kallikrein 2 (hK2), prostate-specific antigen (PSA), and free PSA (fPSA)B J Martin
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112 2822, USA
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 7:132-7. 2004..0-10 ng/ml. Furthermore, hK2/fPSA can enhance the PPV of low %fPSA values. Therefore, the use of multiple biomarkers may ultimately increase the specificity of prostate cancer screening in African-American men...
- Insulin resistance and changes in plasma concentration of TNFalpha, IGF1, and NEFA in dogs during weight gain and obesityC Gayet
USC INRA de Nutrition et Endocrinologie, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Nantes, Nantes, France
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 88:157-65. 2004..974 +/- 0.094 to 1.590 +/- 0.127 mmol/l, p < 0.05). These metabolic and hormonal impairments are associated with IR, in obese dogs, and could explain, at least in part, the outbreak of this syndrome...
- [Expression of p21 WAF1/CIP1 protein in colorectal cancers: study of its relation to p53 mutation and Ki67 antigen expression]C Chapusot
Service d'Anatomie Pathologique, , CHU Dijon, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 49:115-23. 2001....