J Matthias Lohr
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Conservative treatment of chronic pancreatitisJ Matthias Lohr
Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Gastrocentrum, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Dig Dis 31:43-50. 2013..Because pancreatic surgery has significant morbidity and mortality, less invasive therapy seems to be an attractive option...
- 3D pancreatic carcinoma spheroids induce a matrix-rich, chemoresistant phenotype offering a better model for drug testingPaola Longati
CLINTEC, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm 14186, Sweden
BMC Cancer 13:95. 2013..The objective of this study is to develop a simple, high-throughput 3D model of human PDAC cell lines, and to explore mechanisms underlying the transition from 2D to 3D that might be responsible for chemoresistance...
- How to cannulate? A survey of the Scandinavian Association for Digestive Endoscopy (SADE) in 141 endoscopistsJ Matthias Lohr
Gastrocentrum Kirurgi, Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 47:861-9. 2012..This survey provides us with a database allowing now for a more differentiated view on cannulation techniques, success, and outcome in terms of pancreatitis...
- Cationic liposomal paclitaxel plus gemcitabine or gemcitabine alone in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer: a randomized controlled phase II trialJ M Lohr
Department of Medicine II, University Hospital Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
Ann Oncol 23:1214-22. 2012..This randomized controlled phase II trial evaluated the safety and efficacy of ET in combination with gemcitabine (GEM) in advanced pancreatic cancer (PDAC)...
- Properties of different pancreatin preparations used in pancreatic exocrine insufficiencyJohannes Matthias Löhr
Gastrocentrum, Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Karolinska Institute University Hospital, Huddinge, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:1024-31. 2009..Pancreatic enzyme preparations, generically called pancreatin, are not alike. Rather, they present a broad variety of pancreatin composition...
- Autoantibodies against the exocrine pancreas in autoimmune pancreatitis: gene and protein expression profiling and immunoassays identify pancreatic enzymes as a major target of the inflammatory processJ Matthias Lohr
Molecular Gastroenterology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Gastroenterol 105:2060-71. 2010..The objective was to identify novel markers of disease and to unravel the pathogenesis of AIP...
- Helicobacter pylori in autoimmune pancreatitis and pancreatic carcinomaRalf Jesnowski
Molecular Gastroenterology G350, DKFZ Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Pancreatology 10:462-6. 2010..We investigated the presence of conserved sequences of Helicobacter in pancreatic tissue and pancreatic juice from patients with chronic nonautoimmune and autoimmune pancreatitis as well as pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC)...
- Treatment of experimental pancreatic cancer by doxorubicin-, mitoxantrone-, and irinotecan-drug eluting beadsVugar Yagublu
Surgical Clinic, University Medicine Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
Pancreatology 13:79-87. 2013....
- Medical treatment of pancreatic cancerJ Matthias Lohr
Molekulare Gastroenterologie mit dem Deutschen Krebsforschungszentrum DKFZ G350 II Medizinische Klinik, Medizinische Fakultat Mannheim, Ruprecht Karls Universitat Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 7:533-44. 2007..All aspects of palliative antitumor treatment will be presented in detail and discussed. Finally, some outlooks are given into the future of pancreatic cancer treatment...
- ATP-binding cassette C transporters in human pancreatic carcinoma cell lines. Upregulation in 5-fluorouracil-resistant cellsWolfgang Hagmann
Clinical Cooperation Unit of Molecular Gastroenterology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Pancreatology 9:136-44. 2009..We studied ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter expression in human pancreatic carcinoma cell lines as compared to primary pancreatic duct cells, and analyzed the MRP expression profile in 5-fluorouracil-resistant cells...
- Coagulation, anticoagulation and pancreatic carcinomaInaam A Nakchbandi
Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany and the University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:445-55. 2008..This Review is a critical appraisal of what is known, and when the evidence is acceptable, on the subject of thromboembolism, anticoagulation, and treatment with anticoagulants in patients with pancreatic carcinoma...
- What are the useful biological and functional markers of early-stage chronic pancreatitis?J Matthias Lohr
Molecular Gastroenterology Unit dkfz E180, Department of Medicine II, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, D 68167, Mannheim, Germany
J Gastroenterol 42:66-71. 2007..It is noteworthy that these markers, present in almost every Asian patient with autoimmune pancreatitis, are mostly lacking in Caucasian populations of patients with autoimmune pancreatitis...