Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- The thioredoxin and glutaredoxin systems in smoking cessation and the possible relation to postoperative wound complications David Lindstrom
Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institute, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden email
Wounds 22:88-93. 2010..The underlying mechanisms are poorly characterized. The present study is the first to investigate how short-term smoking cessation affects the thioredoxin and glutaredoxin systems...
- Outcome after 7 years of carotid artery stenting and endarterectomy in Sweden - single centre and national resultsD Lindstrom
Department of Vascular Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 43:499-503. 2012..The second aim was to compare CAS and carotid artery endarterectomy (CEA) outcomes for the same 7-year period...
- Effects of a perioperative smoking cessation intervention on postoperative complications: a randomized trialDavid Lindstrom
Surgery Section, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Sodersjukhuset, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Surg 248:739-45. 2008..To determine whether an intervention with smoking cessation starting 4 weeks before general and orthopedic surgery would reduce the frequency of postoperative complications...
- Disappointment and drop-out rate after being allocated to control group in a smoking cessation trialD Lindstrom
Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institute, Section of Surgery, Sodersjukhuset, SE 11883 Stockholm, Sweden
Contemp Clin Trials 31:22-6. 2010..This study's aim was to investigate how patients react after they have been randomised into control group...
- [Preoperative cessation of smoking seems to reduce the frequency of complications]David Lindstrom
Kirurgkliniken, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm
Lakartidningen 101:1920-2. 2004..Therefore, further studies on preoperative smoking cessation are needed. Three randomised multi-center trials in greater Stockholm are planned to further elucidate these questions...
- High body mass index is associated with increased risk of implant dislocation following primary total hip replacement: 2,106 patients followed for up to 8 yearsOmid Sadr Azodi
Department of Medicine, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Orthop 79:141-7. 2008..Implant dislocation is one of the commonest complications following primary total hip replacement (THR). We investigated the effect of body mass index (BMI) and tobacco use on the risk of this complication...
- Outcome after nitinol stenting in the superficial femoral and popliteal artery in an elderly populationPeter Gillgren
Vascular Surgery Section, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Vasc Surg 25:758-65. 2011..To assess outcomes in an elderly and diseased population after stenting in the femoropopliteal segment and evaluate risk factors for poor prognosis...
- The role of procalcitonin in postimplantation syndrome after EVAR: a pilot studyFredrik Sartipy
Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institutet, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden Electronic address
Ann Vasc Surg 28:866-73. 2014..Procalcitonin (PCT) is a diagnostic marker for severe bacterial infections and sepsis. We hypothesize that low-PCT levels facilitate the PIS diagnosis after EVAR...
- High prevalence of abdominal aortic aneurysms in brothers and sisters of patients despite a low prevalence in the populationAnneli Linné
Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Vasc Surg 56:305-10. 2012..The primary purpose of this study was to assess the prevalence of AAAs among siblings of persons with AAAs and to investigate the proportion of siblings already diagnosed by opportunistic screening...