Genomes and Genes
Lars Gunnar Larsson
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- The Yin and Yang functions of the Myc oncoprotein in cancer development and as targets for therapyLars Gunnar Larsson
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology MTC, Karolinska Institutet, Box 280, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 316:1429-37. 2010....
- Oncogene- and tumor suppressor gene-mediated suppression of cellular senescenceLars Gunnar Larsson
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Box 280, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Semin Cancer Biol 21:367-76. 2011..This can hopefully form the basis for a "pro-senescence therapy" strategy to combat cancer in the future...
- Interferon-γ-induced p27KIP1 binds to and targets MYC for proteasome-mediated degradationFuad Bahram
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology MTC, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Oncotarget 7:2837-54. 2016..Further, these conditions correlated with favorable tumor stage and patient outcome. This novel regulation of Myc by IFN-γ/p27(KIP1) potentially offers new possibilities for therapeutic intervention in tumors with deregulated Myc...
- Tipping the balance: Cdk2 enables Myc to suppress senescencePer Hydbring
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Res 70:6687-91. 2010....
- Cdk2: a key regulator of the senescence control function of MycPer Hydbring
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology MTC, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Aging (Albany NY) 2:244-50. 2010..Importantly, selective pharmacological inhibition of Cdk2 forced Myc/Ras expressing cells into cellular senescence, highlighting this kinase as a potential therapeutic target for treatment of tumors driven by Myc or Ras...
- MYC synergizes with activated BRAFV600E in mouse lung tumor development by suppressing senescenceVedrana Tabor
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology MTC, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics MBB, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Res 74:4222-9. 2014..These findings contribute to our understanding of the neoplastic transformation process, with implications for future treatment strategies...
- CDK-mediated activation of the SCF(FBXO) (28) ubiquitin ligase promotes MYC-driven transcription and tumourigenesis and predicts poor survival in breast cancerDiana Cepeda
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
EMBO Mol Med 5:1067-86. 2013....
- Myc is required for activation of the ATM-dependent checkpoints in response to DNA damageLina Guerra
Department of Cell Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 5:e8924. 2010..In response to genotoxic agents, cells overexpressing MYC undergo apoptosis. However, the MYC-regulated effectors acting upstream of the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway are still unknown...
- Methods to study MYC-regulated cellular senescenceVedrana Tabor
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Methods Mol Biol 1012:99-116. 2013..This may form the basis for new concepts of pro-senescence therapy to combat MYC in cancer. ..
- Inhibition of the intrinsic but not the extrinsic apoptosis pathway accelerates and drives MYC-driven tumorigenesis towards acute myeloid leukemiaKari Högstrand
Center for Infectious Medicine, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e31366. 2012..In conclusion, our findings provide direct evidence that BCL-X(L) and BCL-2 but not FLIP(L) acts in synergy with MYC to drive AML development...
- Phosphorylation by Cdk2 is required for Myc to repress Ras-induced senescence in cotransformationPer Hydbring
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:58-63. 2010..Finally, our findings highlight that pharmacological inhibition of Cdk2 activity is a potential therapeutical principle for cancer therapy, in particular for tumors with activated Myc or Ras...