Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- An epidemiological study of ADHD, substance use, and comorbid problems in incarcerated women in SwedenMaija Konstenius
Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Atten Disord 19:44-52. 2015..The aim of this study was to examine the prevalence of ADHD and psychiatric comorbidity, including substance use in incarcerated women...
- Amphetamine-induced psychosis--a separate diagnostic entity or primary psychosis triggered in the vulnerable?Jørgen G Bramness
Norwegian Centre for Addiction Research, SERAF, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 12:221. 2012..Our paper reviews the literature in this field and proposes a stress-vulnerability model for understanding the relationship between amphetamine use and psychosis...
- Sustained release methylphenidate for the treatment of ADHD in amphetamine abusers: a pilot studyMaija Konstenius
Division of Psychiatry, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Drug Alcohol Depend 108:130-3. 2010..No difference was found between the two groups with regards to craving for amphetamine or in retention in treatment. Larger studies with higher doses combined with individual dosage and longer follow-up periods are warranted...
- Naltrexone attenuates the subjective effects of amphetamine in patients with amphetamine dependenceNitya Jayaram-Lindström
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Section for Alcohol and Drug Dependence Research, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:1856-63. 2008..The results suggest that the subjective effects of amphetamine could be modulated via the endogenous opioid system. The potential of naltrexone as an adjunct pharmaceutical for amphetamine dependence is promising...
- Methylphenidate for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and drug relapse in criminal offenders with substance dependence: a 24-week randomized placebo-controlled trialMaija Konstenius
Division of Psychiatry, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Addiction 109:440-9. 2014....