Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Molecular mechanisms of lipoapoptosis and metformin protection in GLP-1 secreting cellsCamilla Kappe
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Unit for Diabetes Research, Sodersjukhuset, SE 118 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 427:91-5. 2012..The present study may thus identify potential molecular targets for increasing endogenous GLP-1 secretion through enhanced viability of GLP-1 secreting cells in diabetic hyperlipidemia and obesity...
- GLP-1 secretion by microglial cells and decreased CNS expression in obesityCamilla Kappe
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm 11883, Sweden
J Neuroinflammation 9:276. 2012..T2D patients have a deficiency in the intestinal incretin hormone GLP-1, which has been shown to exert neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties in the brain...
- Metformin protects against lipoapoptosis and enhances GLP-1 secretion from GLP-1-producing cellsCamilla Kappe
Department of Clinical Science and Education, Unit for Diabetes Research, Karolinska Institutet, Sodersjukhuset, 118 83, Stockholm, Sweden
J Gastroenterol 48:322-32. 2013..In addition, diabetic patients on metformin therapy have elevated levels of the insulinotropic hormone glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and metformin has been shown to regulate the expression of the GLP-1R in the pancreas...
- Evidence for paracrine/autocrine regulation of GLP-1-producing cellsCamilla Kappe
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Unit for Diabetes Research, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 305:C1041-9. 2013..In addition, the effects of insulin indicate that not only is GLP-1 important for insulin secretion but altered insulin signaling may contribute to an altered GLP-1 secretion...
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor activation reduces ischaemic brain damage following stroke in Type 2 diabetic ratsVladimer Darsalia
Diabetes Research Unit, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Sodersjukhuset, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Sci (Lond) 122:473-83. 2012..Our results should provide strong impetus to further investigate GLP-1R agonists for their neuroprotective action in diabetes, and for their possible use as anti-stroke medication in non-diabetic conditions...