Affiliation: Karolinska Hospital
- Effect of dalteparin on healing of chronic foot ulcers in diabetic patients with peripheral arterial occlusive disease: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyMajid Kalani
Department of Cardiology, Karolinska Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes Care 26:2575-80. 2003..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of dalteparin on ulcer outcome in patients with diabetes, peripheral arterial occlusive disease, and chronic foot ulcers...
- Hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy in treatment of diabetic foot ulcers. Long-term follow-upMajid Kalani
Department of Emergency Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Diabetes Complications 16:153-8. 2002..The aim of the present study was to investigate the long-term effect of HBO in treatment of diabetic foot ulcers...
- Beneficial effects of dalteparin on haemostatic function and local tissue oxygenation in patients with diabetes, severe vascular disease and foot ulcersMajid Kalani
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Res 120:653-61. 2007..We have previously reported an improved outcome of chronic diabetic foot ulcers during treatment with dalteparin. In the present study we investigated the effects of dalteparin on skin microcirculation and haemostatic function...
- Endothelin-A receptor blockade increases nutritive skin capillary circulation in patients with type 2 diabetes and microangiopathyMagnus Settergren
Department of Medicine, Unit of Cardiology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Vasc Res 45:295-302. 2008..We investigated the effect of selective endothelin-A (ET(A)) receptor blockade (BQ123) on skin microcirculation in patients with type 2 diabetes and albuminuria...
- Selective endothelin A-receptor blockade attenuates coronary microvascular dysfunction after coronary stenting in patients with type 2 diabetesNikolaos Ostlund Papadogeorgos
Karolinska Institute, Department of Clinical Sciences, Department of Cardiology, Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Vasc Health Risk Manag 5:893-9. 2009..Endothelin-1 may be involved in the development of diabetic microangiopathy. We studied the effect of endothelin-1 blockade on myocardial microcirculation during coronary stenting...
- Strict glycaemic control improves skin microcirculation in patients with type 2 diabetes: a report from the Diabetes mellitus And Diastolic Dysfunction (DADD) studyChristina Jarnert
Cardiology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Diab Vasc Dis Res 9:287-95. 2012..Microcirculatory and endothelial dysfunction are signs of cardiovascular engagement in patients with type 2 diabetes. This study tested whether glucose normalisation may reverse this...
- The importance of endothelin-1 for microvascular dysfunction in diabetesMajid Kalani
Department of Clinical Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Cardiology, Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:1061-8. 2008..In the following, the mechanisms by which ET-1 contributes to the development of diabetic microangiopathy and the potentially beneficial effect of selective ET(A) receptor antagonists are discussed...
- Early microvascular dysfunction in healthy normal-weight males with heredity for type 2 diabetesGun Jörneskog
Department of Internal Medicine, Danderyd University Hospital, S 18288 Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes Care 28:1495-7. 2005
- Improved peripheral perfusion during endothelin--a receptor blockade in patients with type 2 diabetes and critical limb ischemiaMajid Kalani
Diabetes Care 31:e56. 2008