Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Development of atopic disease and disturbed sleep in childhood and adolescence--a longitudinal population-based studyS Jernelöv
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Exp Allergy 43:552-9. 2013..A connection between sleep disturbances and fatigue, and atopic disease is well established. However, the time course and putative causal relationships between these factors are obscure...
- Efficacy of a behavioral self-help treatment with or without therapist guidance for co-morbid and primary insomnia--a randomized controlled trialSusanna Jernelöv
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Psychiatry 12:5. 2012..We hypothesized that a cognitive behaviorally based self-help book is effective to treat insomnia in individuals, also with co-morbid problems, and that the effect is enhanced by adding brief therapist telephone support...
- Effects of examination stress on psychological responses, sleep and allergic symptoms in atopic and non-atopic studentsSusanna Jernelöv
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Behav Med 16:305-10. 2009..Recent findings indicate that atopics may be more vulnerable to stress than non-atopics. However, the roles of psychological well-being and sleep in this presumed increased sensitivity are not known...
- Associations between leptin and self-rated health in men and womenAnna Nixon Andréasson
Center for Family and Community Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Alfred Nobels alle 12, Huddinge, Sweden
Gend Med 7:261-9. 2010..As an important mediator by which the brain receives information about the body's energy state, leptin may be associated with subjectively perceived health...
- Internet treatment addressing either insomnia or depression, for patients with both diagnoses: a randomized trialKerstin Blom
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Division of Psychiatry, Stockholm, Sweden
Sleep 38:267-77. 2015..To compare treatment effects when patients with insomnia and depression receive treatment for either insomnia or depression...