Christoph P Hofstetter
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Numb rats walk - a behavioural and fMRI comparison of mild and moderate spinal cord injuryChristoph P Hofstetter
Department of Neuroscience Karolinska Institutet, Retziusv 8, B2 4, 17172 Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 18:3061-8. 2003..Furthermore tests of sensory function that are independent of motor behaviour are needed in rodent spinal cord injury research...
- Allodynia limits the usefulness of intraspinal neural stem cell grafts; directed differentiation improves outcomeChristoph P Hofstetter
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Nat Neurosci 8:346-53. 2005..These findings show that stem cell transplantation into injured spinal cord can cause severe side effects and call for caution in the consideration of clinical trials...
- A spinal cord pathway connecting primary afferents to the segmental sympathetic outflow systemC P Hofstetter
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Retziusvag 8, 17177 Solna, Sweden
Exp Neurol 194:128-38. 2005..Together, this suggests synaptic contacts between primary sensory afferents and neurons regulating sympathetic outflow to corresponding DRGs...
- RhoA, RhoB, RhoC, Rac1, Cdc42, and Tc10 mRNA levels in spinal cord, sensory ganglia, and corticospinal tract neurons and long-lasting specific changes following spinal cord injuryMatthias K Erschbamer
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Comp Neurol 484:224-33. 2005....
- Moderate ethanol consumption increases hippocampal cell proliferation and neurogenesis in the adult mouseElin Aberg
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 8:557-67. 2005....
- Marrow stromal cells form guiding strands in the injured spinal cord and promote recoveryC P Hofstetter
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, S-171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:2199-204. 2002..MSC constitute an easily accessible, easily expandable source of cells that may prove useful in the establishment of spinal cord repair protocols...