Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Effects of lipid-lowering treatment on platelet reactivity and platelet-leukocyte aggregation in diabetic patients without and with chronic kidney disease: a randomized trialTora Almquist
Department Medicine Solna, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm SE 171 76, Sweden
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:3540-6. 2012..The objective of this mechanistic study was to investigate the impact of CKD on platelet function and inflammatory parameters in patients with DM and the effects of LLT...
- Postprandial platelet activation is related to postprandial plasma insulin rather than glucose in patients with type 2 diabetesGalia Spectre
Department of Medicine Solna, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes 61:2380-4. 2012..Premeal insulin infusion was also associated with platelet activation. Our results suggest that postprandial insulin rather than glucose accounts for postprandial platelet activation in T2DM patients...
- [More evidence against COX-2 inhibitors. The risk of severe cardiovascular complications more and more obvious]Paul Hjemdahl
Institutionen för medicin, enheten för kliniskfarmakologi, Karolinska institutet och Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset Solna, Stockholm
Lakartidningen 104:310-1. 2007
- Validation of the clinical COPD Questionnaire (CCQ) in primary careBjorn Stallberg
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Section of Family Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:26. 2009..The newly developed, short Clinical COPD Questionnaire, CCQ, was therefore validated against the St George's Respiratory Questionnaire (SGRQ)...
- Forecasting drug utilization and expenditure in a metropolitan health regionBjörn Wettermark
Department of Drug Management and Informatics, Stockholm County Council, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Health Serv Res 10:128. 2010..The aim of this paper is to present the forecasting model and the predicted growth in all therapeutic areas in 2010 and 2011...
- Effect of clopidogrel treatment on stress-induced platelet activation and myocardial ischemia in aspirin-treated patients with stable coronary artery diseaseChristina Perneby
Karolinska Institutet Department of Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 98:1316-22. 2007..Intensified antiplatelet treatment did not reduce ECG signs of either exercise-induced or ambulatory myocardial ischemia...
- Aspirin treatment does not attenuate platelet or leukocyte activation as monitored by whole blood flow cytometryNailin Li
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, SE 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Res 111:165-70. 2003..Multiple mechanisms may contribute to the remarkable clinical anti-thrombotic effect of aspirin...
- High glucose levels enhance platelet activation: involvement of multiple mechanismsDzana Sudic
Department of Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Haematol 133:315-22. 2006..This occurred via superoxide anion production, which enhanced platelet P-selectin expression (secretion), and PKC signalling, which enhanced TRAP-induced fibrinogen binding (aggregablity)...
- No effect of lipid lowering on platelet activity in patients with coronary artery disease and type 2 diabetes or impaired glucose toleranceRickard E Malmström
Department of Medicine Solna, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 101:157-64. 2009....
- Platelet activity, coagulation, and fibrinolysis during exercise in healthy males: effects of thrombin inhibition by argatroban and enoxaparinNailin Li
Department of Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:407-13. 2007..Relationships between exercise-induced activation of platelets, blood coagulation, and fibrinolysis, and the importance of thrombin for responses to exercise are not clear...
- Regional variation and adherence to guidelines for drug treatment of asthmaMarianne Heibert Arnlind
Centre for Allergy Research, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:187-98. 2010..To describe the utilization of antiasthmatic drugs in Sweden and to explore regional variations in drug utilization and adherence to guidelines for rational drug prescribing of antiasthmatics and their rationale...
- Effects of insulin on platelet and leukocyte activity in whole bloodHu Hu
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, SE 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Res 107:209-15. 2002..Our results suggest that insulin may modulate thrombotic and inflammatory processes in vivo in a complex manner...
- The 'wise list'- a comprehensive concept to select, communicate and achieve adherence to recommendations of essential drugs in ambulatory care in StockholmLars L Gustafsson
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet at Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 108:224-33. 2011....
- Contrast medium attenuates platelet activation and platelet-leukocyte cross-talkQiushang Ji
Department of Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 93:922-6. 2005..Inhibitory effects of the contrast agents on this cross-talk are apparently exerted by reducing heterotypic conjugation, and may be beneficial in connection with PCI...
- Platelet-leukocyte aggregation under shear stress: differential involvement of selectins and integrinsHu Hu
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 90:679-87. 2003..The present results indicate that P-selectin-mediated bridging is essential for the initiation of PLA formation, while integrin-bridgings contribute importantly to the stability of heterotypic conjugates under high shear stress...
- Dose- and time-dependent antiplatelet effects of aspirinChristina Perneby
Department of Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 95:652-8. 2006..Since recovery of COX-dependent platelet aggregation occurred within 24 hours, once daily dosing of aspirin might be insufficient in patients with increased platelet turnover...
- Long-term stability of heart rate variability in chronic stable angina pectoris, and the impact of an acute myocardial infarctionInge Bjorkander
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 29:201-8. 2009..Reduced HRV has adverse prognostic implications. The time course for changes in HRV over prolonged periods of time and the influence of an acute coronary event on HRV are not well established...
- Food intake enhances thromboxane receptor-mediated platelet activation in type 2 diabetic patients but not in healthy subjectsMasoud Razmara
Department of Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital Solina Karolinska Institute, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes Care 30:138-40. 2007
- Effects of improved metabolic control on platelet reactivity in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus following coronary angioplastyMarianne Yngen
Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Diab Vasc Dis Res 3:52-6. 2006..34 and R=0.31; p<0.05). We conclude from this study that improved glycaemic control reduces platelet reactivity in type 2 diabetes patients following PCI...
- Left ventricular function and cardiovascular events following adjuvant therapy with adenosine in acute myocardial infarction treated with thrombolysis, results of the ATTenuation by Adenosine of Cardiac Complications (ATTACC) studyMiguel Quintana
The Karolinska Institute at the Department of Cardiology, Huddinge University Hospital, 141 86 Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 59:1-9. 2003..The present study tested the hypothesis that adjuvant therapy with a low anti-inflammatory dose of adenosine might prevent reperfusion injury and preserve left ventricular function...
- Neurohormonal activation in heart failure after acute myocardial infarction treated with beta-receptor antagonistsHans Persson
Section of Cardiology, Division of Internal Medicine, Karolinska Institutet Danderyd Hospital, S 182 88, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Heart Fail 4:73-82. 2002..The aims were to describe neurohormonal activity in relation to other variables and to investigate treatment effects of a beta(1) receptor-antagonist compared to a partial beta(1) receptor-agonist...
- Brief questionnaires for patient-reported outcomes in asthma: validation and usefulness in a primary care settingPer Olof Ehrs
Clinical Pharmacology Unit L7 05, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Chest 129:925-32. 2006..quot; The Asthma Control Questionnaire (ACQ) was validated against the symptoms domain of the AQLQ(S). Patients were characterized by the Short Form-36 Health Survey (SF-36)...
- [Strong lobbying for direct -to-consumer advertising of prescription drugs. Beneficial for the patient or for the increase of sales?]Paul Hjemdahl
Institutionen för medicin, enheten för klinisk farmakologi, Karolinska sjukhuset, Stockholm
Lakartidningen 99:2374-5. 2002
- Twice daily dosing of aspirin improves platelet inhibition in whole blood in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and micro- or macrovascular complicationsGalia Spectre
Department of Medicine Solna, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 106:491-9. 2011..In conclusion, twice daily dosing improved laboratory responses to aspirin in high risk T2DM patients. Studies of whether BID dosing of aspirin can improve clinical outcomes in such patients are of interest...
- Adenosine treatment attenuates cytokine interleukin-6 responses to endotoxin challenge in healthy volunteersAnne Soop
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Center for Surgical Sciences, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Shock 19:503-7. 2003..In conclusion, systemic adenosine infusion counteracts the release of IL-6 in healthy volunteers, indicating an anti-inflammatory effect of adenosine which should be further explored...
- Is left ventricular diastolic function an independent marker of prognosis after acute myocardial infarction?Miguel Quintana
Department of Cardiology, Huddinge University Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Cardiol 96:183-9. 2004..The present study assessed whether this assumption applies to a large population of patients with acute MI who underwent thrombolytic therapy...
- Should we monitor platelet function during antiplatelet therapy?Paul Hjemdahl
Heart 94:685-7. 2008
- No effect of oral hormone replacement therapy on platelet function in postmenopausal women with coronary artery diseaseN Håkan Wallén
Thromb Haemost 96:862-3. 2006
- Long-term calcium antagonist treatment of human hypertension with mibefradil or amlodipine increases sympathetic nerve activityMadeleine Lindqvist
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital, Division of Clinical Physiology, S 182 88 Stockholm, Sweden
J Hypertens 25:169-75. 2007..We studied the effects of long-term treatment with amlodipine, a long-acting dihydropyridine-type calcium antagonist, and mibefradil, a phenylalkylamine-type calcium antagonist, on sympathetic nerve activity...
- [Reply from the SBU about salt and high blood pressure: More controlled long-term trials are required]Mats Halldin
Lakartidningen 101:4257. 2004
- Insulin, but not proinsulin C-peptide, enhances platelet fibrinogen binding in vitro in Type 1 diabetes mellitus patients and healthy subjectsHu Hu
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Res 106:91-5. 2002..We thus investigated how insulin, C-peptide, and their combination influence platelets from DM patients and healthy subjects...
- Marked increase of fibrin gel permeability with very low dose ASA treatmentAleksandra Antovic
Dept of Surgical Sciences, Coagulation Research Division, Karolinska University Hospital, Sweden
Thromb Res 116:509-17. 2005..The present study was performed to extend the dose-response curve for effects of ASA on fibrinogen clotting properties and to examine the variability of these effects during a 24-h dose interval...
- Megakaryocytic cells synthesize and platelets secrete alpha5-laminins, and the endothelial laminin isoform laminin 10 (alpha5beta1gamma1) strongly promotes adhesion but not activation of plateletsAyele Nigatu
Department of Odontology, Karolinska Institutet, SE 141 04 Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 95:85-93. 2006..This study demonstrates synthesis/expression of heterotrimeric alpha5-laminins in hematopoietic/blood cells, and provides evidence for the adhesive, but not activating, role of endothelial laminin isoforms in platelet biology...
- Endothelial COX-2 inhibition: possible relevance for hypertension and cardiovascular risk?Carl Olav Stiller
J Hypertens 21:1615-8. 2003