Affiliation: Karolinska Hospital
- [Regional medical care program in Stockholm-Gotland region: a first step toward a unified care of patients with stomach cancer]P Gunven
Radiumhemmet och kirurgiska kliniken, Karolinska sjukhuset, Stockholm
Lakartidningen 97:3592-6. 2000..A follow-up procedure deals with postoperative problems and defines recurrence rates...
- Radiosurgery for recurring liver metastases after hepatectomyPeter Gunven
Department of Oncology, Radiumhemmet, Karolinska Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Hepatogastroenterology 50:1201-4. 2003....
- Undetectable late hepatic sequelae after hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy for liver tumorsPeter Gunven
Department of Oncology, Radiumhemmet, Karolinska University Hospital at Solna, 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Med Oncol 28:958-65. 2011..In selected patients, irradiation is possible even in the presence of liver dysfunction, and previous irradiation or resection does not absolutely contraindicate salvage treatment by re-irradiation or resection...
- Surgical displacement of risk organs to improve stereotactic radiotherapy for liver tumorsPeter Gunven
Department of Oncology, Radiumhemmet, Karolinska University Hospital at Solna, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
J Surg Oncol 100:515-7. 2009..Precision irradiation may cure some liver malignancies, but adjacent stomach and colon may interfere with the delivery of the desired high doses due to the risk for serious side effects...
- Molecular and virological studies on a rare case of biliary papillomatosisPeter Gunven
Radiumhemmet Department of Oncology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Anticancer Res 26:2205-8. 2006..It was concluded that the presented case of tumour relapse, despite an anamnesis of seven years and its expanding but non-invasive growth, did not contain the viruses that were examined for, and had not become malignant...
- Liver embolizations in oncology. A review. Part II. Arterial radioembolizations, portal venous embolizations, experimental arterial embolization proceduresPeter Gunven
Department of Oncology, Radiumhemmet, Karolinska University Hospital at Solna, Stockholm 171 76, Sweden
Med Oncol 24:287-96. 2007..e. "chemical hepatectomy," arterial embolizations before external radiotherapy, administration of boron for neutron capture therapy, immunoembolizations, and future gene therapy...
- Liver embolizations in oncology: a review. Part I. Arterial (chemo)embolizationsPeter Gunven
Department of Oncology, Radiumhemmet, Karolinska University Hospital at Solna, Stockholm, 171 76, Sweden
Med Oncol 25:1-11. 2008..Scant experience supports embolization for anti-tumoral effects in some pediatric tumors, to control bleeding from ruptured tumors, for symptomatic hemangiomas, and for downstaging of hepatocellular cancers before transplantation...