Wilhelmus Johannes Andreas Grooten
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Criterion validation of two submaximal aerobic fitness tests, the self-monitoring Fox-walk test and the Åstrand cycle test in people with rheumatoid arthritisBirgitta Nordgren
Division of Physiotherapy, Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institutet, 23100, SE 141 83 Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 15:305. 2014..A secondary aim was to study the influence of different formulas for age predicted maximal heart rate when estimating VO2max by the Åstrand test...
- The effect of ergonomic intervention on neck/shoulder and low back painWilhelmus Johannes Andreas Grooten
Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Occupational Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Work 28:313-23. 2007..Thus, for subjects still at work, ergonomic intervention seemed to be ineffective for reducing neck/shoulder and low back pain and pain-related disability...
- Predictors for persistent neck/shoulder pain, medical care-seeking due to neck/shoulder pain and sickness absenceWilhelmus Johannes Andreas Grooten
Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Occupational Medicine, Karolinska Institutet and Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, Stockholm County Council, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Rehabil 21:648-59. 2007..To determine whether symptoms and clinical signs can predict persistent neck/shoulder pain, future medical care-seeking and sickness absence...
- The influence of work-related exposures on the prognosis of neck/shoulder painWilhelmus Johannes Andreas Grooten
Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Occupational Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Norrbacka, 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Spine J 16:2083-91. 2007..This could imply that subjects with neck/shoulder pain should avoid such simultaneous exposures...
- Reliability of measurements of wrist extension force obtained with a Nicholas Manual Muscle Tester (NMMT)Wilhelmus Johannes Andreas Grooten
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society, Division of Physiotherapy, Huddinge, Sweden
Physiother Theory Pract 26:281-7. 2010..The tests indicated that the relation between force produced and levels of EMG activity in wrist extensor muscles is approximately linear...
- Work-related musculoskeletal disorders in female Swedish physical therapists with more than 15 years of job experience: prevalence and associations with work exposuresWilhelmus Johannes Andreas Grooten
Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Department of Public Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Physiother Theory Pract 27:213-22. 2011..General physical and psychosocial work-related exposures, as well as specific therapy tasks, were strongly associated with WRMDs. Larger, longitudinal studies are needed to determine the direction of causality...
- Sickness absence and concurrent low back and neck-shoulder pain: results from the MUSIC-Norrtälje studyTeresia Nyman
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, Stockholm County Council, Norrbacka, 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Spine J 16:631-8. 2007..The study also implies that spinal co-morbidity is an important factor to be considered by clinicians and occupational health providers in planning treatment, or in prevention of these disorders...
- Seeking care for neck/shoulder pain: a prospective study of work-related risk factors in a healthy populationWilhelmus Johannes Andreas Grooten
Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Occupational Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Occup Environ Med 46:138-46. 2004..For men, the risk increased with an increasing number of risk indicators. No work-related risk factors were found for women, highlighting the difficulty of identifying risk factors in a general population...
- Motor control exercises reduces pain and disability in chronic and recurrent low back pain: a meta-analysisMartin Gustaf Byström
Department of Neurobiology, Division of Physiotherapy Caring Sciences, and Society, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 38:E350-8. 2013..Meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials...