Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- [Smoking cessation--the best treatment in the world]Hans Gilljam
Lakartidningen 99:3706. 2002
- Role of snus (oral moist snuff ) in smoking cessation and smoking reduction in SwedenHans Gilljam
Department of Public Health Sciences, The Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Addiction 98:1183-9. 2003..To assess to what extent snus has been used as an aid to stop smoking among Swedish smokers...
- [The cause of disease became less important than the symptoms--what went wrong?]Hans Gilljam
Centrum för folkhälsa tobaksprevention, Stockholms läns landsting
Lakartidningen 102:3246; discussion 3247. 2005
- Symptoms of nicotine dependence in a cohort of Swedish youths: a comparison between smokers, smokeless tobacco users and dual tobacco usersAnn Post
Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Addiction 105:740-6. 2010..To determine whether symptoms of nicotine dependence, addiction and withdrawal symptoms differ between exclusive smokers, exclusive snus (moist snuff) users and dual users...
- Smoking cessation in general practice: the effects of a quitlineCecilia Boldemann
Stockholm County Council, Centre for Public Health, and Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Nicotine Tob Res 8:785-90. 2006..The nationwide smoking cessation quitline appears to have had a positive effect on GPs' engagement in smoking cessation...
- Psychosocial determinants of attrition in a longitudinal study of tobacco use in youthAnn Post
Division of Social Medicine, Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institute, PO Box 170 70, 104 62 Stockholm, Sweden
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:654030. 2012..Diverse psychosocial characteristics are independently associated with nonparticipation of youths in longitudinal studies...
- Knowledge about tobacco and subsequent use of cigarettes and smokeless tobacco among Swedish adolescentsK Ingvar Rosendahl
Division of Epidemiology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Adolesc Health 37:224-8. 2005..To investigate whether knowledge of the risks and properties of tobacco among adolescents influences their future use of cigarettes and smokeless tobacco in different directions...
- Quitline in smoking cessation: a cost-effectiveness analysisTanja Tomson
Center for Tobacco Prevention, Stockholm Centre of Public Health, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 20:469-74. 2004..The cost-effectiveness of the Swedish quitline, a nation-wide, free of charge service, is assessed...
- Factors related to abstinence in a telephone helpline for smoking cessationAsgeir R Helgason
Stockholm Centre of Public Health, Centre for Tobacco Prevention, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Public Health 14:306-10. 2004..Telephone helplines (quitlines) may be an option. The effectiveness of the Swedish quitline and factors related to abstinence from smoking 12 months after the first contact were assessed...
- School and class environments are differently linked to future smoking among preadolescentsK Ingvar Rosendahl
Division of Epidemiology, Karolinska Institute, Sweden
Prev Med 34:649-54. 2002..There are few observational studies of school and class risk factors for smoking behavior in preadolescence...
- Cigarette smoking, snuff use and alcohol drinking: coexisting risk behaviours for oral health in young malesSeppo Wickholm
Centre for Tobacco Prevention, Stockholm Centre of Public Health, Stockholm County Council, Sweden
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 31:269-74. 2003..The aim of this study was to describe patterns of snuff dipping, smoking and alcohol drinking in a sample (n = 6287) of 9th grade male students participating in a census survey in the Stockholm region...
- Maternal smoking during pregnancy: a comparison between concurrent and retrospective self-reportsAnn Post
Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Social Medicine, Karolinska Institute, and Stockholm Centre for Public Health, Tobacco Prevention, County Council, Stockholm, Sweden
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 22:155-61. 2008..Retrospective recall of pregnancy smoking is fairly stable over time...
- Stakeholders' opinions about a tobacco policy in Lao PDRTanja Tomson
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Social Medicine, Sweden
Tob Induc Dis 5:2. 2009..It is essential to draft a national tobacco policy that can help the government to increase taxes, and create adequate provisions for the enforcement of tobacco laws and regulations...
- Trajectories of smokeless tobacco use and of cigarette smoking in a cohort of Swedish adolescents: differences and implicationsK Ingvar Rosendahl
Stockholm Center for Public Health Tobacco Prevention, Stockholm County Council, Stockholm, Sweden ingvar rosendahl sll se
Nicotine Tob Res 10:1021-7. 2008..The developmental patterns of snus use and cigarette smoking showed high similarity, but they evolved differently in the two sexes. Dual users emerged as a high-risk group for tobacco dependence and tobacco-related harms...
- [Can the society afford not to subsidize smoking cessation?]Matz Larsson
Lungkliniken tobakspreventiva enheten, Universitetssjukhuset Orebro
Lakartidningen 99:2665-6. 2002
- Are non-responders in a quitline evaluation more likely to be smokers?Tanja Tomson
Stockholm Center for Public Health, Tobacco Prevention, Box 175 33, 118 91 Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Public Health 5:52. 2005..The aim of this paper is to assess smoking behaviour of non-responders in an evaluation of the Swedish national tobacco cessation quitline a nation-wide, free of charge service...
- [Smoking cessation the most important causal treatment in COPD]Hans Gilljam
Lakartidningen 104:1047-9. 2007