B Y Farahmand
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Physical activity and hip fracture: a population-based case-control study. Swedish Hip Fracture Study GroupB Y Farahmand
Division of Epidemiology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm County Council, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
Int J Epidemiol 29:308-14. 2000..A growing body of literature suggests that physical activity may be a protective factor against hip fracture...
- Socioeconomic status, marital status and hip fracture risk: a population-based case-control studyB Y Farahmand
Division of Epidemiology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm County Council, Stockholm, Sweden
Osteoporos Int 11:803-8. 2000..We conclude that employment, household income, type of housing and marital status seem to be risk indicators of hip fracture risk independent of known osteoporotic risk factors...
- Mortality amongst participants in Vasaloppet: a classical long-distance ski race in SwedenB Y Farahmand
Division of Epidemiology, Stockholm Center of Public Health, and Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Intern Med 253:276-83. 2003..The vast majority of the participants in these races are not competing on the elite level. It is assumed, however, that they have to undergo regular physical training during a long period of time in order to successfully finish the race...
- Survival after hip fractureBahman Y Farahmand
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Box 210, 17177, Stockholm, Sweden
Osteoporos Int 16:1583-90. 2005..Hip fracture patients have a substantially increased risk of death that persists for at least 6 years post-fracture. The relative excess mortality is independent of comorbidity and known hip fracture risk factors...
- Risk of extremity fractures in adult outpatients with epilepsyHakan B I Persson
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Epilepsia 43:768-72. 2002..To study the incidence of extremity fractures in a group of adult patients with epilepsy attending an outpatient clinic compared with the incidence of fractures in the general population in the same geographic area...
- Risk factors for suicide in epilepsy: a case control studyLena Nilsson
Department of Neurological Rehabilitation, Stora Sköndal Hospital, Sweden
Epilepsia 43:644-51. 2002..We investigated the association between the risk of suicide in persons with epilepsy and clinical factors that might increase or have been suggested to increase the risk of suicide...
- Mortality in a population-based cohort of epilepsy surgery patientsLena Nilsson
Department of Neurological Rehabilitation, Stora Sköndal Hospital, Sköndal, Sweden
Epilepsia 44:575-81. 2003..To investigate mortality and especially the incidence of sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP) in a population-based cohort of epilepsy surgery patients...
- [Skiers in the long-distance ski race invest in their health]Sofia Carlsson
Centrum för folkhälsa, Stockholms läns landsting, och Institutet för miljömedicin, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm
Lakartidningen 104:670-1. 2007
- Effect of pregnancy on survival in women with cutaneous malignant melanomaMarko B Lens
Genetic Epidemiology Division, Cancer Research UK, St James s University Hospital, Beckett St, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
J Clin Oncol 22:4369-75. 2004..An adverse influence of pregnancy on the risk of death in women with cutaneous melanoma was suggested historically by anecdotal reports. Previous studies included small numbers of women observed for short periods...