- A case-control study on the association between female genital mutilation and sexually transmitted infections in SudanS Elmusharaf
Department of Public Health, Division of International Health IHCAR, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
BJOG 113:469-74. 2006..To assess whether the extent of female genital mutilation (FGM) influences the risk of acquiring sexually transmitted infections (STIs)...
- Reliability of self reported form of female genital mutilation and WHO classification: cross sectional studySusan Elmusharaf
Division of International Health, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
BMJ 333:124. 2006..To assess the reliability of self reported form of female genital mutilation (FGM) and to compare the extent of cutting verified by clinical examination with the corresponding World Health Organization classification...
- Primary infertility after genital mutilation in girlhood in Sudan: a case-control studyLars Almroth
Division of International Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm SE 17176, Sweden
Lancet 366:385-91. 2005..Our aim was to investigate this possible association between FGM and primary infertility...
- Genital mutilation of girlsLars Almroth
Division of International Health IHCAR, Karolinska Institutet, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Womens Health (Lond Engl) 3:475-85. 2007....
- Prevalence and determinants of the practice of genital mutilation of girls in Khartoum, SudanAlia Satti
Children s Emergency Hospital, Khartoum, Sudan
Ann Trop Paediatr 26:303-10. 2006..Female genital mutilation (FGM) is widely practised in Sudan, despite many decades of attempts to prevent it...