Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Causal graph-based analysis of genome-wide association data in rheumatoid arthritisAlexander V Alekseyenko
Center for Health Informatics and Bioinformatics, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Biol Direct 6:25. 2011..To test the utility of TIE*, we focus on anti-CCP positive rheumatoid arthritis (RA) GWAS datasets, where there is a general consensus in the community about the major genetic determinants of the disease...
- Mannan Binding Lectin (MBL) genotypes coding for high MBL serum levels are associated with rheumatoid factor negative rheumatoid arthritis in never smokersSaedis Saevarsdottir
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, D2 01, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R65. 2011....
- Different patterns of associations with anti-citrullinated protein antibody-positive and anti-citrullinated protein antibody-negative rheumatoid arthritis in the extended major histocompatibility complex regionBo Ding
Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 60:30-8. 2009....
- GEIRA: gene-environment and gene-gene interaction research applicationBo Ding
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77, Box 210, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Epidemiol 26:557-61. 2011..The algorithm is coded in both SAS and R. GEIRA is freely available to non-commercial users at http://www.epinet.se. Additional information, including user's manual and example datasets is available online at http://www.epinet.se...
- Specific interaction between genotype, smoking and autoimmunity to citrullinated alpha-enolase in the etiology of rheumatoid arthritisHiba Mahdi
Rheumatology Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Center for Molecular Medicine, Stockholm, Sweden
Nat Genet 41:1319-24. 2009..We conclude that citrullinated alpha-enolase is a specific citrullinated autoantigen that links smoking to genetic risk factors in the development of RA...
- Opposing effects of HLA-DRB1*13 alleles on the risk of developing anti-citrullinated protein antibody-positive and anti-citrullinated protein antibody-negative rheumatoid arthritisEmeli Lundström
Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 60:924-30. 2009....
- Evidence for interaction between 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 2A and MHC type II molecules in the development of rheumatoid arthritisMaria Seddighzadeh
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Hum Genet 18:821-6. 2010..This finding may lead to the development of treatment based on enhancing the protective features of 5-HT2A in individuals with a certain HLA genotype...
- Smoking is a major preventable risk factor for rheumatoid arthritis: estimations of risks after various exposures to cigarette smokeHenrik Kallberg
Correspondence to Dr Henrik Källberg, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Box 210, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 70:508-11. 2011..Less is known on how smoking contributes to RA in the context of genetic variability, and what proportion of RA may be caused by smoking...
- A genome-wide association study suggests contrasting associations in ACPA-positive versus ACPA-negative rheumatoid arthritisLeonid Padyukov
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 70:259-65. 2011..The aim of the current study is to provide and compare GWAS data for both subsets...
- Variants within STAT genes reveal association with anticitrullinated protein antibody-negative rheumatoid arthritis in 2 European populationsMaria Seddighzadeh
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Rheumatol 39:1509-16. 2012..We investigated the association of STAT3 and STAT4 polymorphisms with serologically distinct subgroups of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Variants of gene for microsomal prostaglandin E2 synthase show association with disease and severe inflammation in rheumatoid arthritisMarina Korotkova
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Hum Genet 19:908-14. 2011..Genetically predisposed individuals may develop earlier and more active disease owing to this mechanism...
- The genetic structure of the Swedish populationKeith Humphreys
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e22547. 2011....