Thomas H Casswall
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Vaccination of the immunocompromised childThomas H Casswall
Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Children s Hospital, Karolinska University Hospital, Sweden
Expert Rev Vaccines 4:725-38. 2005..With increasing knowledge of the immunologic basis of vaccination and how immunosuppressive drugs interfere with the immune system, improved vaccines could be tailored, and adequate, individualized guidelines issued...
- Severe liver damage associated with celiac disease: findings in six toddler-aged girlsThomas H Casswall
Departments of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Children s Hospital, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:452-9. 2009..Light-to-moderate liver damage is often seen in children diagnosed with celiac disease, but severe liver damage is rarely observed...
- Helicobacter species DNA in liver and gastric tissues in children and adolescents with chronic liver diseaseThomas H Casswall
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Astrid Lindgren s Children s Hospital at Karolinska University Hospital, CLINTEC, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 45:160-7. 2010..Here, we report the prevalence of Helicobacter pylori and EHS in liver and gastric tissue in children and adolescents with chronic liver disease (CLD)...
- Ganciclovir treatment in infants with cytomegalovirus infection and cholestasisBjorn Fischler
Department of Pediatrics, Huddinge University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 34:154-7. 2002..Pediatric use of the antiviral drug ganciclovir to treat patients with CMV infection has increased. In this study, infants with CMV infection and cholestasis were treated with ganciclovir...
- Concordance of Helicobacter pylori strains within familiesMarten Kivi
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Microbiol 41:5604-8. 2003..Transmission between spouses seems to be appreciable. The data support mother-child and sib-sib transmission as the primary transmission pathways of H. pylori...
- Cerebral venous thrombosis and heparin-induced thrombocytopenia in an 18-year old male with severe ulcerative colitisGudrun Scheving Thorsteinsson
Division of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, B57 Karolinska University Hospital Stockholm Se 141 86, Sweden
World J Gastroenterol 14:4576-9. 2008..The treatment was then switched to fondaparinux, a synthetic and selective inhibitor of activated factor X...