Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Predictability modulates the affective and sensory-discriminative neural processing of painKatrina Carlsson
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, MRC N8, Karolinska Institute and Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden, and F C Donders Center, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neuroimage 32:1804-14. 2006..This context also prompted increased activity in the posterior parietal cortex and lateral prefrontal cortex that we attribute to enhanced alertness and sustained attention during unpredictability...
- Placebo in emotional processing--induced expectations of anxiety relief activate a generalized modulatory networkPredrag Petrovic
Cognitive Neurophysiology Research Group R2 01, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Neuron 46:957-69. 2005..Thus, the placebo effect may be considered to be a general process of modulation induced by the subjects' expectations...
- Fear and the amygdala: manipulation of awareness generates differential cerebral responses to phobic and fear-relevant (but nonfeared) stimuliKatrina Carlsson
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Emotion 4:340-53. 2004..Thus, a shift from top-down control to an affectively driven system optimized for speed was observed in phobic relative to fear-relevant aware processing...
- On the unconscious subcortical origin of human fearArne Ohman
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Physiol Behav 92:180-5. 2007..These data are consistent with an evolutionary argument, focusing of the role of snakes as a predator on primates...
- Context-dependent deactivation of the amygdala during painPredrag Petrovic
Karolinska Institute/Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Cogn Neurosci 16:1289-301. 2004....