Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- ..In this article, we discuss possible mechanisms of various anti-angiogenic drugs and the future development of optimized treatment regimens. ..
- Seki T, Hosaka K, Fischer C, Lim S, Andersson P, Abe M, et al. Ablation of endothelial VEGFR1 improves metabolic dysfunction by inducing adipose tissue browning. J Exp Med. 2018;215:611-626 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that targeting of VEGFR1 provides an exciting new opportunity for treatment of obesity and metabolic diseases, such as liver steatosis and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Cao Y. Erythropoietin in cancer: a dilemma in risk therapy. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2013;24:190-9 pubmed publisher..Understanding the multifarious functions of EPO and its reciprocal relation with other signaling pathways is crucial for developing more effective agents for cancer therapy and for minimizing risks for cancer patients. ..
- Yang X, Zhang Y, Hosaka K, Andersson P, Wang J, Tholander F, et al. VEGF-B promotes cancer metastasis through a VEGF-A-independent mechanism and serves as a marker of poor prognosis for cancer patients. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E2900-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that VEGF-B is a vascular remodeling factor promoting cancer metastasis and that targeting VEGF-B may be an important therapeutic approach for cancer metastasis. ..
- Hosaka K, Yang Y, Seki T, Fischer C, Dubey O, Fredlund E, et al. Pericyte-fibroblast transition promotes tumor growth and metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E5618-27 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a mechanism of vascular pericytes in PDGF-BB-promoted cancer invasion and metastasis by inducing PFT, and thus targeting PFT may offer a new treatment option of cancer metastasis. ..