Thomas R Burglin
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Distinct roles of the Gcn5 histone acetyltransferase revealed during transient stress-induced reprogramming of the genomeYongtao Xue-Franzén
Clinical Research Center, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
BMC Genomics 14:479. 2013..Gcn5 plays several different roles in gene transcription throughout the genome but their characterisation by classical mutation approaches is hampered by the high degree of apparent functional redundancy between HAT proteins...
- Genome-wide characterisation of the Gcn5 histone acetyltransferase in budding yeast during stress adaptation reveals evolutionarily conserved and diverged rolesYongtao Xue-Franzén
School of Life Sciences, Södertörn University, Huddinge, SE 141 89, Sweden
BMC Genomics 11:200. 2010..cerevisiae and S. pombe, which can be studied under similar environmental conditions, provides an opportunity to examine the interface between conserved regulatory components and their cellular applications in different organisms...
- Homeodomain subtypes and functional diversityThomas R Burglin
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, and Center for Biosciences, Karolinska Institutet, Hälsovägen 7, Novum, SE 141 83, Huddinge, Sweden
Subcell Biochem 52:95-122. 2011..Many other types of homeodomain proteins play roles in the determination of cell fates and cell differentiation. Homeobox genes thus perform key roles for all aspects of the development of an organism...
- The Hedgehog protein familyThomas R Burglin
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, and School of Life Sciences, Södertörn University, Hälsovägen 7, SE 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
Genome Biol 9:241. 2008..The resulting signaling cascade converges on the transcription factor Cubitus interruptus (Ci), or its mammalian counterparts, the Gli proteins, which activate or repress target genes...
- Conditions for dye-filling of sensory neurons in Caenorhabditis elegansYong Guang Tong
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
J Neurosci Methods 188:58-61. 2010..An additional benefit is that it can also stain the excretory duct. The method allows genetic screens to be performed to identify mutants that selectively affect only one of the sensory structures or the excretory duct...
- Mitochondrial DNA level, but not active replicase, is essential for Caenorhabditis elegans developmentIvana Bratic
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Metabolic Diseases, Novum, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm SE 141 86, Sweden
Nucleic Acids Res 37:1817-28. 2009..elegans even in the absence of the mitochondrial replicase...
- Spatio-temporal reference model of Caenorhabditis elegans embryogenesis with cell contact mapsJûrgen Hench
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, and School of Life Sciences, Södertörn University, Hälsovägen 7, Huddinge 141 57, Sweden
Dev Biol 333:1-13. 2009..To visualize the 4D model interactively we developed a software utility. Our model provides an anatomical resource and can serve as foundation to display 4D expression data, a basis for developmental systems biology...
- Comprehensive analysis of gene expression patterns of hedgehog-related genesLimin Hao
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, and Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Karolinska Institutet, SE 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
BMC Genomics 7:280. 2006..Previously, the expression pattern of seventeen genes was examined, which showed that they are primarily expressed in the ectoderm...
- The hedgehog-related gene qua-1 is required for molting in Caenorhabditis elegansLimin Hao
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, and Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
Dev Dyn 235:1469-81. 2006..Our results suggest that both the Hint/Hog domain and Qua domain are critically required for the function of QUA-1...
- The hedgehog-related gene wrt-5 is essential for hypodermal development in Caenorhabditis elegansLimin Hao
Department of Biosciences at Novum, and Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Karolinska Institutet, Hälsovägen 7, SE 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
Dev Biol 290:323-36. 2006..In conclusion, we show that wrt-5 is an essential gene that - despite its lack of a Hint domain - has multiple functions in C. elegans and is implicated in cell shape integrity...