Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Dosage of ribavirin in patients with hepatitis C should be based on renal function: a population pharmacokinetic analysisAnnette Bruchfeld
Division of Renal Medicine, Department of Clinical Science, Karolinska Institute and Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Ther Drug Monit 24:701-8. 2002..Ribavirin monitoring may be useful for optimizing HCV treatment not only in patients with renal insufficiency but also in other patients considering the time to steady state and the interindividual variability in ribavirin clearance...
- Ribavirin treatment in dialysis patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection--a pilot studyA Bruchfeld
Division of Renal Medicine, Karolinska Institute and Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Viral Hepat 8:287-92. 2001..However, this requires reduced ribavirin doses and close monitoring of ribavirin plasma concentrations and haemoglobin. Ribavirin-induced anaemia can be managed with high doses of erythropoeitin...
- Interferon and ribavirin treatment in patients with hepatitis C-associated renal disease and renal insufficiencyAnnette Bruchfeld
Division of Renal Medicine, Department of Clinical Science, Karolinska Institute and Huddinge University Hospital, S 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:1573-80. 2003..Standard treatment for HCV is interferon and ribavirin, but in renal insufficiency ribavirin has been contraindicated due to fear of side effects...
- Hepatitis C infection, time in renal-replacement therapy, and outcome after kidney transplantationAnnette Bruchfeld
Division of Renal Medicine, Department of Clinical Science, Center for Surgical Sciences, Karolinska Institute and Huddinge University Hospital, 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Transplantation 78:745-50. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate HCV in relation to time in RRT and its impact on outcome after transplantation...
- Pegylated interferon and ribavirin treatment for hepatitis C in haemodialysis patientsA Bruchfeld
Department of Renal Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge and Solna, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Viral Hepat 13:316-21. 2006..However the pharmacokinetics and tolerability of both peg-alfa-2a and 2b need to be studied more closely in prospective studies before definite dosing recommendations can be made...
- Evidence that plasma concentration rather than dose per kilogram body weight predicts ribavirin-induced anaemiaK Lindahl
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute and Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Viral Hepat 11:84-7. 2004..This lends further support to the idea that ribavirin should be dosed according to renal function...
- Rituximab in relapsing or refractory ANCA-associated vasculitis: a case series of 16 patientsM Wendt
Division of Renal Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, CLINTEC, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Rheumatol 41:116-9. 2012..Rituximab, a chimeric anti-CD20 antibody, has emerged as a second-line therapy, although controlled studies are scarce in patients with relapsing or refractory disease...
- High-dose ribavirin in combination with standard dose peginterferon for treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis CKarin Lindahl
Department of Infectious Diseases, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Hepatology 41:275-9. 2005..In conclusion, a high dose of ribavirin according to an individualized schedule is feasible but associated with more frequent and serious side effects such as anemia. The viral response merits further evaluation...
- Treatment for glomerulonephritis in HCV-associated mixed cryoglobulinaemia--anti-viral therapy vs rituximabAnnette Bruchfeld
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:783-4; author reply 784-5. 2006
- High Mobility Group Box Protein-1 correlates with renal function in chronic kidney disease (CKD)Annette Bruchfeld
Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, North Shore University Hospital LIJ Health System, Manhasset, New York, USA
Mol Med 14:109-15. 2008..Future studies may delineate whether HMGB-1 is also a marker of disease activity and severity as well as a predictor of outcome in CKD...
- The influence of hepatitis C and iron replacement therapy on plasma pentosidine levels in haemodialysis patientsMarcelo M Nascimento
Faculdade Evangélica de Medicina do Paraná Brazil
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:3112-6. 2004..v.) iron therapy can enhance oxidative stress. The aim of this study was to assess the influence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) and i.v. iron administration on oxidative stress in chronic haemodialysis (HD) patients...