Affiliation: Karolinska University Hospital
- Quality control of flow cytometry data analysis for evaluation of minimal residual disease in bone marrow from acute leukemia patients during treatmentElisabet Björklund
Department of Pathology and Cytology, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm SE 171 76, Sweden
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 31:406-15. 2009..The concordance was higher in precursor B as compared with T-cell ALL. We conclude that after standardization, flow cytometry MRD detection can be reliably applied in international, multicenter treatment protocols...
- CD34+ cell subpopulations detected by 8-color flow cytometry in bone marrow and in peripheral blood stem cell collections: application for MRD detection in leukemia patientsElisabet Björklund
Department of Pathology, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna and Karolinska Institute, 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Hematol 90:292-302. 2009..The 8-color technique showed promising results in efficient detection of different CD34+ subpopulations of HSC-B and in MRD quantification. Monitoring of MRD should become a part of quality control of HSC-B collections...
- The effect of allogeneic stem cell transplantation on outcome in younger acute myeloid leukemia patients with minimal residual disease detected by flow cytometry at the end of post-remission chemotherapyEdward Laane
Department of Pathology and Cytology, Karolinska University Hospital Solna and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Haematologica 91:833-6. 2006..003). Therefore allogeneic SCT should be considered in younger adult AML patients with detectable MRD at the end of post-remission chemotherapy. Autologous SCT may be an alternative for patients not eligible for allogeneic SCT...
- Flow cytometric immunophenotyping including Bcl-2 detection on fine needle aspirates in the diagnosis of reactive lymphadenopathy and non-Hodgkin's lymphomaEdward Laane
Department of Pathology and Cytology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 64:34-42. 2005..The aim of our study was to establish the diagnostic value of a four-color flow cytometric (FCM) panel, including cytoplasmic Bcl-2, in cytologic diagnosis of malignant non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) and reactive lymphoid hyperplasia (RH)...
- Expression patterns of CD33 and CD15 predict outcome in patients with acute myeloid leukemiaAsa Rangert Derolf
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Leuk Lymphoma 49:1279-91. 2008..004, cytogenetics p = 0.011, immunophenotype pattern p = 0.024, CD15 p = 0.031). Age (p = 0.001) and immunophenotypic classifications (p = 0.015) were significant for disease-free survival in patients who achieved complete remission...
- Overexpression of CD123 correlates with the hyperdiploid genotype in acute lymphoblastic leukemiaMiroslav Djokic
1Department of Pathology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Haematologica 94:1016-9. 2009..Moreover, aberrant CD123 expression in ALL is a good marker for monitoring of minimal residual disease...
- Bone marrow dendritic cells are reduced in patients with high-risk myelodysplastic syndromesLeonie Saft
Department of Pathology, Division of Hematopathology, Karolinska University Hospital and Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Leuk Res 37:266-73. 2013..DC levels were markedly reduced in all subtypes of MDS. The clinical impact of this finding on therapy response and relapse after, e.g. allogeneic stem cell transplantation warrants further investigation...