Affiliation: Karolinska Institute
- Vla-3 distribution in normal and neoplastic non-lymphoid human tissuesA Bartolazzi
Department of Immunology, Immunology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Pathol Res Pract 189:387-93. 1993..Analysis of Vla-3 expression in established tumor cell lines demonstrated that the integrin is almost invariably expressed by the plastic adherent cell subpopulations...
- Detection and molecular characterisation of thyroid cancer precursor lesions in a specific subset of Hashimoto's thyroiditisA Gasbarri
1Department of Pathology, St Andrea Hospital, University La Sapienza, Via di Grottarossa 1035, 00189 Rome, Italy
Br J Cancer 91:1096-104. 2004....
- Application of an immunodiagnostic method for improving preoperative diagnosis of nodular thyroid lesionsA Bartolazzi
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cellular and Molecular Tumor Pathology, Cancer Center Karolinska, CCK R8 04 Karolinska Hospital, 17176, Stockholm, Sweden
Lancet 357:1644-50. 2001..We undertook an international multicentre study to assess the usefulness of immunohistocytochemical staining for two potential markers of malignant thyrocytes...
- CD44s adhesive function spontaneous and PMA-inducible CD44 cleavage are regulated at post-translational level in cells of melanocytic lineageA Gasbarri
Laboratory of Immunology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, 00158 Rome, Italy
Melanoma Res 13:325-37. 2003..Our findings demonstrate that the post-translational modification of CD44s represents the principal regulatory mechanism of CD44s-mediated functions in melanoma...
- Integrin expression in cutaneous malignant melanoma: association of the alpha 3/beta 1 heterodimer with tumor progressionP G Natali
Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Int J Cancer 54:68-72. 1993..These findings provide additional evidence that tumor progression in CMM is associated with changes in integrin phenotypes which include the alpha 3/beta 1 heterodimer...
- Transformation and tumor progression are frequently associated with expression of the alpha 3/beta 1 heterodimer in solid tumorsA Bartolazzi
Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Int J Cancer 58:488-91. 1994..The highly conserved expression of alpha 3/beta 1 shown in this study suggests that this receptor may play a role in tumor growth at the primary as well as at the metastatic site...
- Generation and characterization of the murine monoclonal antibody M-KID 2 to VLA-3 integrinA Bartolazzi
Laboratory of Immunology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Hybridoma 10:707-20. 1991..These findings demonstrate that mAb M-KID 2 can represent a valuable reagent for the study of Vla-3 integrin in normal and pathologic conditions...
- Expression of alpha 3 beta 1 integrin receptor and its ligands in human lung tumorsA Bartolazzi
Department of Immunology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Int J Cancer 64:248-52. 1995..A selective loss of nicein in basement membranes was demonstrated in NSCLC indicating an impairment of expression of this glycoprotein following malignant transformation...
- Association of HLA class I and class II antigen expression and mortality in uveal melanomaC Ericsson
St. Erik's Eye Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:2153-6. 2001....
- Cloning and characterization of spliced fusion transcript variants of synovial sarcoma: SYT/SSX4, SYT/SSX4v, and SYT/SSX2v. Possible regulatory role of the fusion gene product in wild type SYT expressionB Brodin
Cellular and Molecular Tumor Pathology, Cancer Centrum Karolinska, CCK R8 04, Karolinska Hospital, SE 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Gene 268:173-82. 2001..This was also observed in a synovial sarcoma tumor expressing SYT/SSX4. This suggests that the SYT/SSX fusion gene may regulate SYT expression from the normal allele and as such alter the normal function of SYT...
- [Molecular diagnosis of synovial sarcoma]M P Martegani
Ospedale S Andrea, II Facolta di Medicina, Universita La Sapienza, Via di Grottarossa 1035 1039, I 00189 Roma, Italia
Pathologica 94:257-62. 2002
- Frizzled-1 is down-regulated in follicular thyroid tumours and modulates growth and invasivenessA Ulivieri
Research Centre, S Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
J Pathol 215:87-96. 2008..In addition, FZD-1 RNA interference in the PTC-derived cell line K1 increased invasiveness. Our data indicated that FZD-1 is involved in growth of follicular tumours and may be considered as a novel marker of this type of tumour...