- Expansion of small-diameter abdominal aortic aneurysms is not reflected by the release of inflammatory mediators IL-6, MMP-9 and CRP in plasmaL Karlsson
Department of Surgical Sciences, Section of Vascular Surgery, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 37:420-4. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate a possible correlation between plasma levels of interleukin-6 (IL-6), metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) and C-reactive protein (CRP) and the expansion of small abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAAs)...
- The effect of azithromycin and Chlamydophilia pneumonia infection on expansion of small abdominal aortic aneurysms--a prospective randomized double-blind trialLars Karlsson
Institution of Surgical Sciences, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Gavle, Sweden
J Vasc Surg 50:23-9. 2009....
- The association between serological markers for Chlamydophila pneumoniae and the development of abdominal aortic aneurysmLars Karlsson
Department of Vascular Surgery, Institution of Surgical Sciences, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Ann Vasc Surg 25:322-6. 2011..To investigate the association between serological markers for Chlamydophila pneumoniae (Cpn) and the development of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) in a population-based case-control study...
- Can low-dose abdominal CT replace abdominal plain film in evaluation of acute abdominal pain?Olle Haller
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Gavle Hospital, Gavle, Sweden
Ups J Med Sci 115:113-20. 2010..Non-contrast computed tomography (NCT) has become an important diagnostic tool in acute abdominal pain, but the drawback is the increased radiation dose compared to abdominal plain film (APF)...
- A family with abdominal aortic aneurysmsLars Karlsson
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Angiology 54:177-80. 2003..Two of 8 had hypercholesterolemia; 7 of 9 were smokers. C. pneumoniae as well as smoking seems to be important in the pathogenesis of AAA in this small cohort; however, larger patient cohorts are needed...