- Human monocytes/macrophages release TNF-alpha in response to Ox-LDLS Jovinge
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, King Gustaf Vth Research Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 16:1573-9. 1996..These findings suggest that enhanced secretion of TNF-alpha by macrophages exposed to Ox-LDL may be involved in the formation of atherosclerotic lesions...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha activates smooth muscle cell migration in culture and is expressed in the balloon-injured rat aortaS Jovinge
King Gustaf V Research Institute, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 17:490-7. 1997..These findings demonstrate that TNF-alpha has a stimulatory effect on SMC migration and suggest that TNF-alpha may be involved in the intimal recruitment of SMCs during plaque formation...
- DNA fragmentation and ultrastructural changes of degenerating cells in atherosclerotic lesions and smooth muscle cells exposed to oxidized LDL in vitroS Jovinge
King Gustaf V Research Institute, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 17:2225-31. 1997..These findings further support the notion that oxidized lipids play a role in plaque cell death...
- Helicobacter pylori seropositivity is not associated with inflammatory parameters, lipid concentrations and degree of coronary artery diseaseJ Regnstrom
Department of Medicine and King Gustaf V Research Institute, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Intern Med 243:109-13. 1998..Furthermore, to investigate whether HP infection is associated with inflammatory parameters, lipid concentrations and degree and progression of CAD...
- A common functional polymorphism (C-->A substitution at position -863) in the promoter region of the tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) gene associated with reduced circulating levels of TNF-alphaT Skoog
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, King Gustaf V Research Institute, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Hum Mol Genet 8:1443-9. 1999..It is concluded that the common-863C/A polymorphism in the promoter region of the TNF-alpha gene is functional in vitro in monocytic and hepatic cells and influences the serum TNF-alpha concentration in vivo in healthy middle-aged men...