- Tissue plasminogen activator, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, and tissue plasminogen activator/plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 complex as risk factors for the development of a first strokeL Johansson
Department of Medicine, Skellefteå County Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Stroke 31:26-32. 2000..This study was designed to test whether plasma levels of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), and tPA/PAI-1 complex could predict a first-ever stroke...
- Hemostatic factors as risk markers for intracerebral hemorrhage: a prospective incident case-referent studyLars Johansson
Department of Medicine, Skellefteå County Hospital, Skellefteå, S 931 86 Sweden
Stroke 35:826-30. 2004....
- Prospective study on soluble thrombomodulin and von Willebrand factor and the risk of ischemic and hemorrhagic strokeLars Johansson
Department of Medicine, Skellefteå County Hospital, Skellefteå, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 87:211-7. 2002..18; CI, 0.05 to 0.69). No significant association was found for VWF. We suggest that the novel finding of an inverse relation between sTM and hemorrhagic stroke should be investigated in a larger study...
- Differences in long-term outcome between patients treated in stroke units and in general wards: a 2-year follow-up of stroke patients in swedenE L Glader
Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Stroke 32:2124-30. 2001..The objective of this study was to compare, 21/2 years after stroke, patients who had been treated in stroke units and those treated in general wards in routine clinical practice...
- Radioimmunoscintigraphy using an anti-prostate monoclonal antibody (E4): a dosimetric evaluationA Rydh
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
Urol Res 29:216-20. 2001..The tumour radiation doses were not increased by dividing the same amount of activity into three injections or by pretargeting with non-labelled MAb E4...
- A method for attenuation and scatter correction of brain SPECT based on computed tomography imagesA Larsson
Radiation Physics, Department of Radiation Sciences, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Nucl Med Commun 24:411-20. 2003..3% have been measured. At present the method is probably most useful when groups of patients are studied...
- Radioimmunotherapy of DU-145 tumours in nude mice--a pilot study with E4, a novel monoclonal antibody against prostate cancerA Rydh
Department of Radiology, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
Acta Oncol 38:1075-9. 1999..The use of 131I-labelled E4 MAb has thus demonstrated a promising therapeutic potential...
- Thrombomodulin as a marker for bleeding complications during warfarin treatmentMarcus Lind
Department of Medicine, Skellefteå County Hospital, Skellefteå, Sweden
Arch Intern Med 169:1210-5. 2009..This study aimed to test if thrombomodulin (TM) concentrations were associated with bleeding complications, cardiovascular events, or mortality in long-term anticoagulant-treated patients...
- C-reactive protein is a determinant of first-ever stroke: prospective nested case-referent studyJonas Andersson
Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Skellefteå County Hospital, Skellefteå, Sweden
Cerebrovasc Dis 27:544-51. 2009..A secondary aim was to study the relationship between the 1444C>T polymorphism, plasma levels of CRP and stroke...
- The risk of myocardial infarction and sudden cardiac death amongst snuff users with or without a previous history of smokingP Wennberg
Bureå Health Centre, Department of Medicine Geriatric, Skellefteå County Hospital, Skellefteå, and Public Health and Clinical Medicine, University of Umea, Umea, Sweden
J Intern Med 262:360-7. 2007..To investigate the risk of a first myocardial infarction (MI) and sudden cardiac death (SCD) amongst male snuff users...
- Semi-automatic tumour segmentation by selective navigation in a three-parameter volume, obtained by voxel-wise kinetic modelling of 11C-acetateI Häggström
Department of Radiation Sciences, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 139:214-8. 2010..In conclusion, this early study indicates a strong potential of the method even though no 'true' tumour volume was available for validation...
- Vasodilation and visceral fat in elderly subjects: the Prospective Investigation of the Vasculature in Uppsala Seniors (PIVUS) studyLars Lind
Department of Medicine, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 194:e64-71. 2007..In the Prospective Study of the Vasculature in Uppsala Seniors (PIVUS) study, we related VAT and other obesity indices to endothelium-dependent vasodilation in both capacitance and resistance arteries...
- Iron stores and HFE genotypes are not related to increased risk of ischemic stroke. A prospective nested case-referent studyKim Ekblom
Clinical Chemistry, Department of Medical Biosciences, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Cerebrovasc Dis 24:405-11. 2007..The aim of this prospective study was to determine if iron status and HFE genotypes constitute risk factors for stroke...
- Tissue-type plasminogen activator -7,351C/T enhancer polymorphism is associated with a first myocardial infarctionPer Ladenvall
Cardiovascular Institute, Clinical Experimental Research Laboratory, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, Goteborg University, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 87:105-9. 2002..997; 95% CI 0.995-0.999) were independently associated with a first MI. These findings suggest that genetic markers of local tPA release and circulating steady-state tPA levels carry independent prognostic information...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 4G/5G polymorphism and risk of stroke: replicated findings in two nested case-control studies based on independent cohortsPer Gunnar Wiklund
Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
Stroke 36:1661-5. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the common functional 4/5 guanosine (4G/5G) polymorphism in the promoter region of the PAI-1 gene and the risk of stroke...
- A survey of teenager unnatural deaths in northern Sweden 1981-2000Lars Johansson
Department of Community Medicine and Rehabilitation, Section of Forensic Medicine, Umea University, POB 7616, SE 907 12 Umeå, Sweden
Accid Anal Prev 37:253-8. 2005..To survey unnatural deaths among teenagers in northern Sweden and to suggest preventive measures...
- In the aftermath of teenage suicide: a qualitative study of the psychosocial consequences for the surviving family membersPer Lindqvist
Division of Forensic Psychiatry, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Psychiatry 8:26. 2008..Such an understanding is important for future organisation of proper programs that provide professional support in the grief process...
- Thoracic and abdominal aortic dimension in 70-year-old men and women--a population-based whole-body magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studyAnders Wanhainen
Department of Surgical Sciences, Section of Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
J Vasc Surg 47:504-12. 2008..The aim of this population-based study was to determine the optimal dividing-line between normal aorta and aneurysm for different aortic segments in 70-year-old men and women by means of whole-body magnetic resonance imaging...
- Teenage suicide cluster formation and contagion: implications for primary careLars Johansson
Section of Forensic Medicine, Dept of Community Medicine and Rehabilitation, Umea University, Sweden
BMC Fam Pract 7:32. 2006..In this present study, we investigate the occurrence of suicide clustering among teenagers, analyze cluster definitions, and suggest preventive measures...
- Bleeding complications during warfarin treatment in primary healthcare centres compared with anticoagulation clinicsJonas Wallvik
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine at Sundsvall Hospital, Sundsvall, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 25:123-8. 2007..To examine determinants of bleeding complications during warfarin treatment in an unselected patient population and evaluate possible differences in safety between specialized anticoagulation clinics and primary healthcare centres...
- The effects of commuting activity and occupational and leisure time physical activity on risk of myocardial infarctionPatrik Wennberg
Bureå Health Centre, Bureå, Sweden
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 13:924-30. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate how commuting activity, occupational physical activity and leisure time physical activity were associated with risk of future first myocardial infarction...
- Myocardial scars more frequent than expected: magnetic resonance imaging detects potential risk groupCharlotte Ebeling Barbier
Department of Radiology, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:765-71. 2006....