C M Hultman
- Perinatal characteristics and schizophrenia: electrodermal activity as a mediating link in a vulnerability-stress perspectiveC M Hultman
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry, Ulleraker, University of Uppsala, Sweden
Int J Dev Neurosci 16:307-16. 1998..We review findings of aberrant electrodermal activity in schizophrenic patients and suggest that OCs may induce insults to cerebral structures that are critically involved in the control of orienting and of autonomic responses...
- Prenatal and perinatal risk factors for schizophrenia, affective psychosis, and reactive psychosis of early onset: case-control studyC M Hultman
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry, Ulleraker, University of Uppsala, S 750 17 Uppsala 17, Sweden
BMJ 318:421-6. 1999..To examine prenatal and perinatal risk factors for subsequent development of schizophrenia and affective and reactive psychosis...
- Test-retest stability of the oral niacin test and electrodermal activity in patients with schizophreniaB M Nilsson
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala SE 75185, Sweden
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 81:367-72. 2009..A significant association between the tests was again found; niacin non-responding implied electrodermal non-responding, providing further support for a common underlying aberration in schizophrenia...
- School achievements and schizophrenia: a case-control studyI Helling
Department of Neuroscience, University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Psychiatr Scand 108:381-6. 2003..To compare school performance during middle childhood and adolescence among subjects later diagnosed with schizophrenia and their peers...
- Cognition and autonomic function in schizophrenia: inferior cognitive test performance in electrodermal and niacin skin flush non-respondersB M Nilsson
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry, Uppsala University, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden Electronic address
Eur Psychiatry 30:8-13. 2015..There are also several reports of disturbed autonomic regulation in the disease. The present study examined cognitive function as well as psychophysiological parameters in patients with schizophrenia and healthy controls...
- Niacin skin-flush response and electrodermal activity in patients with schizophrenia and healthy controlsB M Nilsson
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala SE 75017, Sweden
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 74:339-46. 2006..The association between response patterns for the niacin test and EDA suggests that a common aberration in skin physiology may be of importance for both reactions in schizophrenia...