Affiliation: Huddinge University Hospital
- Full-thickness biopsy of the jejunum reveals inflammation and enteric neuropathy in irritable bowel syndromeHans Tornblom
Karolinska Institutet Department of Medicine, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Gastroenterology 123:1972-9. 2002..Because bowel function is governed mainly by nerve plexuses in the bowel wall, we have investigated full-thickness bowel biopsy specimens in patients with severe IBS...
- Chlamydia trachomatis antigens in enteroendocrine cells and macrophages of the small bowel in patients with severe irritable bowel syndromeAldona Dlugosz
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Gastroenterol 10:19. 2010..The driving force for immune activation in IBS remains unknown. The aim of our study was to find out if the obligate intracellular pathogen Chlamydia could be involved in the pathogenesis of IBS...
- Inflammation as a cause of functional bowel disordersHans Tornblom
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 40:1140-8. 2005
- Autoantibodies in patients with gut motility disorders and enteric neuropathyHans Tornblom
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 42:1289-93. 2007..The purpose of this study was to test the hypothesis that autoantibodies directed against specific neural antigens including ion channels may be associated with this finding...
- A 21st century look at the spectrum of gastrointestinal motility disorders. What is dysmotility; what is functional?Hans Tornblom
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 141 86, Stockholm, Sweden
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 40:715-23. 2011....
- Protruding and non-protruding colon carcinomas originating in gut-associated lymphoid tissueCarlos A Rubio
Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology Research Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Karolinska Institute and University Hospital, 17176, Stockholm, Sweden
Anticancer Res 30:3019-22. 2010..CONCLUSION: Since adenomas could not be demonstrated neither previously nor in the colectomy specimen, it is suggested that the GALTCs in this patient may have followed the GALT-carcinoma pathway...