Affiliation: Huddinge University Hospital
- Value of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and cholesterol assays of ascitic fluid in cases of inconclusive cytologyM Gulyas
Department of IMPI, Division of Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, F46 Huddinge University Hospital, SE 14186 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Pathol 54:831-5. 2001..To determine whether assays of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and cholesterol in ascites add diagnostic value to cytology...
- Proteoglycans and WT1 as markers for distinguishing adenocarcinoma, epithelioid mesothelioma, and benign mesotheliumMiklos Gulyas
Department of IMPI, Division of Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Pathol 199:479-87. 2003..The alternating appearance of these two syndecans can be shown not only by RT-PCR and FACS in vitro, but also by immunohistochemistry on clinical material...
- Mesothelial differentiation as reflected by differential gene expressionXiaojuan Sun
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 30:510-8. 2004..Some of the gene products may also be useful markers for differentiation and activation in serosal tissues...
- Early events in xenograft development from the human embryonic stem cell line HS181--resemblance with an initial multiple epiblast formationKarin Gertow
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e27741. 2011..Uniquely, a kinetic alignment of rare complex structures was made to human embryos at diagnosed gestation stages, showing minor kinetic deviations between HS181 teratoma and the human counterpart...
- Proteasome inhibitor PSI induces apoptosis in human mesothelioma cellsXiaojuan Sun
Division of Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, F 46, Karolinska University Hospital, S 141 86 Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Lett 232:161-9. 2006..In conclusion, PSI, a representative agent that reduces viability and induces apoptosis of mesothelioma cells, might be useful in the treatment of patients with mesothelioma, especially of epithelioid phenotype...
- A sandwich ELISA for the estimation of human syndecan-2 and syndecan-4 in biological samplesCarina Seidel
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, S 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
J Pharm Biomed Anal 34:797-801. 2004..The paper presents the ELISA method for these proteoglycans. We suggest that this may be a useful tool in the analysis of patient materials and in the detection of syndecans during proteoglycan purification...
- Species-specific in vivo engraftment of the human BL melanoma cell line results in an invasive dedifferentiated phenotype not present in xenograftsJessica Cedervall
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Cancer Center Karolinska, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Res 69:3746-54. 2009..In conclusion, these data provide exciting options for using the hEST model in molecular in vivo studies on differentiation, invasiveness, and malignancy of human melanoma, while analyzing species-specific reactions in vivo...