- Ventricular late potentials in familial amyloidotic polyneuropathyRolf Hörnsten
Clinical Physiology, Heart Centre, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
J Electrocardiol 39:57-62. 2006..Long-term follow-up studies are required to find the prognostic significance of these new findings...
- Outcome of heart rate variability and ventricular late potentials after liver transplantation for familial amyloidotic polyneuropathyRolf Hörnsten
Clinical Physiology, Heart Center, University Hospital, Umea, and Department of Surgical and Perioperative Sciences, Clinical Physiology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Amyloid 15:187-95. 2008..If an increase of HRV after transplantation is observed, it should raise the suspicion that the patient has developed subtle atrial arrhythmia...
- Liver transplantation does not prevent the development of life-threatening arrhythmia in familial amyloidotic polyneuropathy, Portuguese-type (ATTR Val30Met) patientsRolf Hörnsten
Department of Surgical and Perioperative Sciences, Clinical Physiology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Transplantation 78:112-6. 2004....
- Abnormal heart rate variability and subtle atrial arrhythmia in patients with familial amyloidotic polyneuropathyUrban Wiklund
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Informatics and Department of Radiation Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 13:249-56. 2008..We analyzed heart rate variability (HRV) in FAP patients using power spectrum analysis and Poincaré plot analysis...
- Changes in heart rate variability among RF plastic sealer operatorsJonna Wilén
National Institute for Working Life, Umea, Sweden
Bioelectromagnetics 28:76-9. 2007..This could in turn be due to an adaptation of the thermoregulatory system and the cardiac autonomic modulation to a long-term low-level thermal exposure in the RF operators...
- Electromagnetic field exposure and health among RF plastic sealer operatorsJonna Wilén
National Institute for Working Life, Umea, Sweden
Bioelectromagnetics 25:5-15. 2004..Further, RF operators had a significantly lower heart rate (24 h registration) and more episodes of bradycardia compared to controls...
- Continuous development of arrhythmia is observed in Swedish transplant patients with familial amyloidotic polyneuropathy (amyloidogenic transthyretin Val30Met variant)Sadahisa Okamoto
Departments of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Liver Transpl 17:122-8. 2011..The development of arrhythmia is unrelated to gender or age at disease onset, and the yearly risk does not appear to decrease with time after LT...
- Arrhythmia--a pitfall in tests of cardiac autonomic function after liver transplantation for familial amyloidotic polyneuropathy: a long-term follow-up of Swedish patientsRolf Hörnsten
Department of Surgical and Perioperative Sciences, Clinical Physiology, Heart Centre, Umea University, Sweden
Amyloid 19:81-6. 2012..In the minority of patients with sinus rhythm in all recordings, cardiac autonomic modulation remained stable after transplantation and no improvement was noted...
- Blood pressure overshoot after tilt reversal in patients with familial amyloidotic polyneuropathyKonen Obayashi
Department of Medicine, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Hypertens Res 34:133-8. 2011..In addition, assessment of the post-tilt BP reaction points to possible treatment modalities for orthostatic hypotension at least in the early stages of the disease...
- Heart complications in familial transthyretin amyloidosis: impact of age and genderRolf Hörnsten
Department of Surgical and Perioperative Science, Umea University, Clinical Physiology, Heart Centre, Umea, Sweden
Amyloid 17:63-8. 2010..These findings highlight the necessity of 24-h ECGs to detect conduction disturbances, due to their occurrence in the absence of echocardiographic evidence of amyloid deposition in the myocardium...
- Heart rate variability in children with Fontan circulation: lateral tunnel and extracardiac conduitJenny Alenius Dahlqvist
Department of Clinical Sciences, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Pediatr Cardiol 33:307-15. 2012..0001), and HF (P = 0.001) compared with the control subjects. The LT and EC patients did not differ significantly. Reduced HRV was found in both the LT and EC patients. In terms of HRV reduction, EC was not superior to LT...
- Automatic filtering of outliers in RR intervals before analysis of heart rate variability in Holter recordings: a comparison with carefully edited dataMarcus Karlsson
Department of Radiation Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, and Centre of Biomedical Engineering and Physics, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Biomed Eng Online 11:2. 2012..This study compared common frequency domain indices of HRV when determined from manually edited and automatically filtered RR intervals...
- Comparison of quantitative sensory testing and heart rate variability in Swedish Val30Met ATTRVictoria Heldestad
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Neurosciences, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Amyloid 18:183-90. 2011..This is of particular importance as the phenotype of the ATTR disease varies between groups with different age of onset...
- Cardiac autonomic function does not improve after liver transplantation for familial amyloidotic polyneuropathyUrban Wiklund
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Informatics, University Hospital, SE 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Auton Neurosci 156:124-30. 2010..Liver transplantation is the only potentially curative treatment for familial amyloidotic polyneuropathy (FAP). We investigated cardiac autonomic function in 63 transplanted Swedish FAP patients...
- Serial assessment of variability in heart rate in children with the Fontan circulationAnnika Rydberg
Department of Clinical Sciences, Section of Paediatric Cardiology, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Cardiol Young 15:498-503. 2005..Our study shows that, in patients with the Fontan circulation, routine ambulatory electrocardiographic monitoring including analysis of variability in heart rate, detects over time a progressive sympatovagal imbalance...
- Left ventricular dyssynchrony is associated with reduced heart rate variability in familial amyloidotic polyneuropathyYing Zhao
Heart Centre, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
Int J Cardiol 155:273-8. 2012..Although autonomic disturbances are well-established, mechanisms for reduced HRV, their relationship with left ventricular (LV) function in FAP are not well understood...
- Holter ECG monitoring in patients with perceived electrical hypersensitivityMonica Sandström
National Institute for Working Life, P O Box 7654, S 907 13, Umea, Sweden
Int J Psychophysiol 49:227-35. 2003..EHS patients had a disturbed pattern of circadian rhythms of HRV and showed a relatively 'flat' representation of hourly-recorded spectral power of the HF component of HRV...