- Impact of information letters on the reporting rate of adverse drug reactions and the quality of the reports: a randomized controlled studyMarie Louise Johansson
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Regional Pharmacovigilance Centre, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Clin Pharmacol 11:14. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate if repeated one-page ADR information letters affect (i) the reporting rate of ADRs and (ii) the quality of the ADR reports...
- Fatal drug poisonings in a Swedish general populationAnna K Jönsson
Nordic School of Public Health, Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Clin Pharmacol 9:7. 2009..We therefore aimed to estimate the incidence of suspected fatal drug poisonings, defined as poisonings by pharmaceutical agents, by using all relevant case records from various sources in a Swedish population...
- Risk of venous thromboembolism due to antipsychotic drug therapyStaffan Hägg
Linkoping University, Department of Drug Research, Section of Clinical Pharmacology, S 581 83 Linkoping, Sweden
Expert Opin Drug Saf 8:537-47. 2009..In addition, although data is lacking, the threshold for considering prophylactic antithrombotic treatment should be low when risk situations for VTE arise, such as immobilisation, surgery and so on...
- In vitro effects of serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors on human platelet adhesion and coagulationIda Hallbäck
Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Pharmacol Rep 64:979-83. 2012..Although several studies show that there is an increased risk of bleeding events during antidepressant treatment with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), few studies show direct effects in vitro of SSRIs on hemostasis...
- Antipsychotics associated with pulmonary embolism in a Swedish medicolegal autopsy seriesAnna K Jönsson
Faculty of Health Sciences, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 23:263-8. 2008..Pulmonary embolism was overrepresented among medicolegal autopsy cases identified as users of low-potency first-generation and second-generation antipsychotics...
- ABCB1 gene polymorphisms are associated with suicide in forensic autopsiesSamuel Boiso Moreno
Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Division of Drug Research, Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Pharmacogenet Genomics 23:463-9. 2013..Polymorphisms in ABCB1 have the ability to affect both the function and the expression of the transporter protein P-glycoprotein and may lead to an altered response for many drugs including some antidepressants and antipsychotics...
- Tramadol dependence: a survey of spontaneously reported cases in SwedenMicaela Tjäderborn
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:1192-8. 2009..Tramadol is a weak opioid analgesic, which is generally considered to be safe. However, conflicting data exist on the dependence potential of tramadol...
- Incidence of fatal adverse drug reactions: a population based studyKarin Wester
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Linkoping University, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Br J Clin Pharmacol 65:573-9. 2008..In previous studies the incidence of fatal adverse drug reactions in hospitalized patients has been reported, but the incidence of fatal adverse drug reactions in the general population is largely unknown...
- In vitro effects of antipsychotics on human platelet adhesion and aggregation and plasma coagulationStina Axelsson
Division of Pharmacology, Department of Medicine and Care, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:775-80. 2007..The effect appeared at therapeutic concentrations and was significant but weak. 4. This weak effect of clozapine on haemostasis may explain, in part, the association of this compound and venous thromboembolism...
- A fatal outcome after unintentional overdosing of rivastigmine patchesHenrik Lövborg
Department of Drug Research Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, County Council of Ostergotland, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Curr Drug Saf 7:30-2. 2012..Rivastigmine is an acetylcholine esterase inhibitor used in the treatment of dementia. Patches with rivastigmine for transdermal delivery have been used to increase compliance and to reduce side effects...