- Adenosinergic modulation of respiratory neurones in the neonatal rat brainstem in vitroE Herlenius
Karolinska Institutet, Neonatal Unit, Department of Woman and Child Health, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Physiol 518:159-72. 1999..Furthermore, our data demonstrate that inactivation of expiratory neurones does not abolish the respiratory rhythmic activity, but only modulates respiratory rhythm in vitro...
- Development of neurotransmitter systems during critical periodsEric Herlenius
Department of Women and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Neurol 190:S8-21. 2004..Prenatal or neonatal stress, for example, hypoxia, can affect the programming of neurotransmitter and receptor expression, which can lead to long-term behavioral effects...
- Perinatal respiratory control and its modulation by adenosine and caffeine in the ratEric Herlenius
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Pediatr Res 51:4-12. 2002....
- Adenosine modulates inspiratory neurons and the respiratory pattern in the brainstem of neonatal ratsE Herlenius
Nobel Institute for Neurophysiology, Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Pediatr Res 42:46-53. 1997....
- Hyperalgesia, anxiety, and decreased hypoxic neuroprotection in mice lacking the adenosine A1 receptorB Johansson
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:9407-12. 2001..However, under pathophysiological conditions, including noxious stimulation and oxygen deficiency, they are important...
- Congenital hypoventilation and impaired hypoxic response in Nurr1 mutant miceElise Nsegbe
Karolinska Institutet, Neonatal Unit, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Physiol 556:43-59. 2004....
- IL-1 beta depresses respiration and anoxic survival via a prostaglandin-dependent pathway in neonatal ratsAnnika Olsson
Karolinska Institutet, Neonatal Program, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Pediatr Res 54:326-31. 2003..These findings suggest that IL-1 beta does not inhibit respiratory neurons directly but may depress breathing and hypoxic defense via a prostaglandin-mediated mechanism...
- Neurotransmitters and neuromodulators during early human developmentE Herlenius
Neonatal Unit, Department of Women and Child Health, Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, S-171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Early Hum Dev 65:21-37. 2001..Prenatal or neonatal stress (hypoxia), as well as various drugs, may disturb the wiring and cause long-term behavioural effects (fetal and neonatal programming)...
- Interleukin-1beta depresses hypoxic gasping and autoresuscitation in neonatal DBA/1lacJ miceAnnika Olsson Hofstetter
Neonatal Research Unit, Q2 07, Department of Woman and Child Health, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 146:135-46. 2005..Additionally, they were less able to autoresuscitate and survive following severe hypoxic apnea. These findings indicate that infection may adversely affect central respiratory control in newborn mice via interleukin-1beta...
- The induced prostaglandin E2 pathway is a key regulator of the respiratory response to infection and hypoxia in neonatesAnnika O Hofstetter
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:9894-9. 2007..We conclude that IL-1beta adversely affects breathing and its control by mPGES-1 activation and PGE(2) binding to brainstem EP3 receptors, resulting in increased apnea frequency and hypoxia-induced mortality...
- Communication via gap junctions underlies early functional and beneficial interactions between grafted neural stem cells and the hostJohan Jäderstad
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Karolinska Institutet, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:5184-9. 2010....
- Dynamic changes in connexin expression following engraftment of neural stem cells to striatal tissueJohan Jäderstad
Neonatal Research Unit, Dept of Women s and Children s Health, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 317:70-81. 2011....