- Activation of the cortical pain network by soft tactile stimulation after injection of sumatriptanHeidrun H Krämer
Department of Neurology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Pain 133:72-8. 2007....
- Illusion of pain: pre-existing knowledge determines brain activation of 'imagined allodynia'Heidrun H Krämer
Department of Neurology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Pain 9:543-51. 2008..According to our results, the medial pain system is involved in the encoding of imagined allodynia...
- Increased pain and neurogenic inflammation in mice deficient of neutral endopeptidaseHeidrun H Krämer
Department of Neurology, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, Mainz 55101, Germany
Neurobiol Dis 35:177-83. 2009..These findings resemble human 'cold' CRPS and suggest that ET 1 plays an important role in the pathogenesis of CRPS with nerve injury...
- Cerebral blood flow in patients with Fabry disease as measured by Doppler sonography is not different from that in healthy individuals and is unaffected by treatmentNurcan Uceyler
Department of Neurology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 11, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
J Ultrasound Med 31:463-8. 2012..The purpose of this study was to investigate cervical and cerebral blood flow characteristics in patients with Fabry disease at baseline and under enzyme replacement therapy...
- Reduced thermal hyperalgesia and enhanced peripheral nerve injury after hind paw inflammation in mice lacking the serotonin-transporterFlorian Palm
Department of Neurology, University of Wurzburg, Neurologische Klinik der Universität, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Eur J Pain 12:790-7. 2008..Human variants of the 5-HTT genotypes might be part of the factors determining the extent of nerve injury and hyperalgesia in inflammation...
- Small fibers in Fabry disease: baseline and follow-up data under enzyme replacement therapyNurcan Uceyler
Department of Neurology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Peripher Nerv Syst 16:304-14. 2011..We conclude that ERT may improve proximal skin innervation in patients with good renal function, but does not protect small fiber function in men with impaired renal function...
- Correlation of epidermal nerve fiber density with pain-related evoked potentials in HIV neuropathyMark Obermann
Department of Neurology, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstr 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Pain 138:79-86. 2008..The method of pain-related evoked potential conduction appears to be a sensitive, fast, non-invasive technique for the detection of small-fiber neuropathy and may prove to become a valuable diagnostic asset...