- Tuberculosis burden in an urban population: a cross sectional tuberculosis survey from Guinea BissauMorten Bjerregaard-Andersen
Bandim Health Project, INDEPTH Network, Apartado 861, 1004 Bissau Codex, Guinea Bissau
BMC Infect Dis 10:96. 2010..We conducted a cross sectional survey for pulmonary TB and TB symptoms in Bissau, Guinea-Bissau, in an urban cohort with known HIV prevalence. TB surveillance in the area is routinely based on passive case finding...
- Tuberculosis mortality during a civil war in Guinea-BissauP Gustafson
Department of Infectious Diseases, Malmo University Hospital, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
JAMA 286:599-603. 2001..Tuberculosis (TB) is an increasing global problem, despite effective drug therapies. Access to TB therapy during conflict situations has not been studied...
- Tuberculosis in Bissau: incidence and risk factors in an urban community in sub-Saharan AfricaPer Gustafson
Projecto de Saude de Bandim, Danish Epidemiology Science Centre, Bissau, Guinea Bissau
Int J Epidemiol 33:163-72. 2004..Despite the long history of tuberculosis (TB) research, population-based studies from developing countries are rare...
- Clinical predictors for death in HIV-positive and HIV-negative tuberculosis patients in Guinea-BissauP Gustafson
Dept of Infectious Diseases, Malmo University Hospital, SE 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
Infection 35:69-80. 2007..To assess easily monitored predictors for tuberculosis mortality...
- Adherence to isoniazid preventive therapy in children exposed to tuberculosis: a prospective study from Guinea-BissauV F Gomes
Bandim Health Project, INDEPTH Network, Bissau, Guinea Bissau
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 15:1637-43. 2011..To assess adherence to isoniazid preventive therapy (IPT) in children exposed to adult pulmonary tuberculosis (TB) at home...
- Reduced case fatality among hospitalized children during a war in Guinea-Bissau: a lesson in equityM Sodemann
Projecto de Saude Bandim, Guinea Bissau
Acta Paediatr 93:959-64. 2004..During a recent armed conflict in Guinea-Bissau, we observed a marked decline in the case fatality among hospitalized children at the only paediatric department in the country...
- Predictive value of soluble haemoglobin scavenger receptor CD163 serum levels for survival in verified tuberculosis patientsT B Knudsen
Department of Infectious Diseases, Copenhagen University Hospitals Hvidovre, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:730-5. 2005..44-5.63). The HRs for concomitant HIV-1 and HIV-2 infection were 6.92 (95% CI, 3.28-14.58) and 2.48 (95% CI, 1.09-5.67), respectively. Thus, sCD163 levels appeared to be an independent predictor of survival in verified TB patients...
- The serum level of soluble urokinase receptor is elevated in tuberculosis patients and predicts mortality during treatment: a community study from Guinea-BissauJ Eugen-Olsen
Clinical Research Unit, Hvidovre Hospital, Denmark
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 6:686-92. 2002..To investigate whether the serum level of soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR) carries prognostic information in individuals infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis...
- Investigation of environmental and host-related risk factors for tuberculosis in Africa. I. Methodological aspects of a combined designC Lienhardt
MRC Laboratories, Fajara, The Gambia
Am J Epidemiol 155:1066-73. 2002....
- Investigation of the risk factors for tuberculosis: a case-control study in three countries in West AfricaC Lienhardt
MRC Laboratories, Fajara, The Gambia
Int J Epidemiol 34:914-23. 2005..Host-related and environment-related factors have been shown to play a role in the development of tuberculosis (TB), but few studies were carried out to identify their respective roles in resource-poor countries...