Affiliation: Gamma Knife Center
- [An example of successful systematic improvement work. Process management improved routines and simplified dialysis starts]I Fehrman-Ekholm
Njurmedicinska kliniken, Huddinge sjukhus, dialysavdelningen, Sophiahemmet, Stockholm
Lakartidningen 97:5920-2. 2000....
- Donors need support tooIngela Fehrman-Ekholm
Karolinska University Hospital and HMQ Sophiahemmet, Stockholm, Sweden
Transplantation 78:787. 2004
- Recovery of renal function after one-year of dialysis treatment: case report and registry dataIngela Fehrman-Ekholm
Dialysis Unit, Sophiahemmet, Karolinska University Hospital, P O Box 5605, 114 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Nephrol 2010:817836. 2010..One could discuss whether it is difficult to identify patients who have recovered while undergoing regular dialysis treatment. Regular monitoring of renal function may be important...
- Serum cystatin C: a useful marker of kidney function in very old peopleIngela Fehrman-Ekholm
Sophiahemmet, 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 69:606-11. 2009..Serum creatinine-based estimates of GFR may be inaccurate in the elderly and there is need for improvement. Serum Cystatin C, not being influenced by muscle volume, may be more accurate...
- Concentrations of vitamin C, vitamin B12 and folic acid in patients treated with hemodialysis and on-line hemodiafiltration or hemofiltrationIngela Fehrman-Ekholm
Dialysis Unit, Sophiahemmet, Queen Sophia Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Urol Nephrol 42:74-80. 2008..We therefore measured the concentrations of vitamin C, cobalamin (vitamin B12) and folic acid in conventional (low-flux) dialysis patients and in those receiving on-line treatment (hemofiltration or hemodiafiltration)...
- Renal function in the elderly (>70 years old) measured by means of iohexol clearance, serum creatinine, serum urea and estimated clearanceIngela Fehrman-Ekholm
Department of Renal Medicine, Huddinge University Hospital and Sophiahemmet, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Urol Nephrol 38:73-7. 2004..We were also interested to find out whether GFR estimated using different equations correlated with the exact measurements...
- Living donor kidney transplantationI Fehrman-Ekholm
Dept of Transplantation and Liver Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Transplant Proc 38:2637-41. 2006..This article also discussed our responsibilities as renal specialists or transplant surgeons for kidney donors at surgery and postsurgery...
- Post-nephrectomy development of renal function in living kidney donors: a cross-sectional retrospective studyIngela Fehrman-Ekholm
The Transplant Institute, Transplantation Centre, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:2377-81. 2011..Increasing numbers of living donor kidney transplantations calls for better knowledge about long-term donor outcomes and risks...
- Associations between circulating inflammatory markers and residual renal function in CRF patientsRoberto Pecoits-Filho
Division of Renal Medicine, Department of Clinical Science, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Kidney Dis 41:1212-8. 2003..The aim of the present study is to analyze the relationship between inflammation and glomerular filtration rate (GFR) in 176 patients (age, 52 +/- 1 years; GFR, 6.5 +/- 0.1 mL/min) close to the initiation of renal replacement therapy...
- Comorbidity and acute clinical events as determinants of C-reactive protein variation in hemodialysis patients: implications for patient survivalSunna Snaedal
Division of Renal Medicine, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Kidney Dis 53:1024-33. 2009..Patients with chronic kidney disease stage 5 have high comorbidity and are prone to inflammation that may contribute to the high cardiovascular mortality risk...
- Variations in graft and patient survival after kidney transplantation in Sweden: caveats in interpretation of center effects when benchmarkingCarl Gustaf Elinder
Department of Renal Medicine at Karolinska University Hospital and Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Transpl Int 22:1051-7. 2009..Patient outcome and graft outcome have improved considerably since 1991, and after 1999 center effects were no longer apparent in Sweden...
- Incidence of end-stage renal disease among live kidney donorsIngela Fehrman-Ekholm
Department of Transplantation and Liver Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Transplantation 82:1646-8. 2006..The increasing use of living kidney donors requires knowledge about long-term effects, especially number and causes of donors with end-stage renal disease (ESRD)...
- Plasma pentosidine is associated with inflammation and malnutrition in end-stage renal disease patients starting on dialysis therapyMohammed E Suliman
Division of Renal Medicine and Baxter Novum, Department of Clinical Science, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:1614-22. 2003..However, in this small cohort, the plasma pentosidine content did not predict outcome. Thus, accumulation of plasma pentosidine is unlikely to be an appropriate clinically useful marker to predict mortality in ESRD patients...
- Nondirected living kidney donation: experiences in a Swedish Transplant CentreAnnette Lennerling
Department of Transplantation and Liver Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Transplant 22:304-8. 2008..This article addresses central issues involved with NDD and describes our experiences with the programme so far at Sahlgrenska University Hospital in Göteborg, Sweden...
- Death delusionAnders Helldén
Division of Clinical Pharmacology Pharmacovigilance, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
BMJ 335:1305. 2007
- [A kidney donor should be treated like a king]Ingela Fehrman-Ekholm
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 123:1046. 2003