- The Swedish Ankle Arthroplasty Register: An analysis of 531 arthroplasties between 1993 and 2005
Department of Orthopaedics, Falu Hospital, Falun, Sweden
Acta Orthop 78:569-74. 2007
..Whether or not ankles can be replaced with reasonable safety has been the subject of debate. We present the results of a nationwide series of total ankle arthroplasties...
- The AES total ankle replacement: A mid-term analysis of 93 cases
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Falu General Hospital, 791 82 Falun, Sweden
Foot Ankle Surg 16:61-4. 2010
..There are few studies concerning specific total ankle arthroplasties. This study reports mid-term survival data for the AES prosthesis...
- Use of a trabecular metal implant in ankle arthrodesis after failed total ankle replacement
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Falu Central Hospital, Sweden
Acta Orthop 81:745-7. 2010
..We investigated the use of a trabecular metal implant and a retrograde intramedullary nail to obtain fusion...
- 10-year survival of total ankle arthroplasties: a report on 780 cases from the Swedish Ankle Register
Department of Orthopedics, Falun Central Hospital and Center for Clinical Research Dalarna, Falun, Sweden
Acta Orthop 82:655-9. 2011
..4 national registries, including the Swedish Ankle Register, have previously reported their 5-year results. We now present an extended series with a longer follow-up, and with a 10-year survival analysis...
- Trabecular metal tibia still stable at 5 years
Department of Orthopaedics and Center for Clinical Research, Falu General Hospital, Falun
Acta Orthop 84:398-405. 2013
..The cemented NexGen CR tibial components showed some migration in the first 3 months and then stabilized up to the 5-year follow-up. This has not been reported previously. ..
- Cemented versus uncemented fixation of the femoral component of the NexGen CR total knee replacement in patients younger than 60 years: a prospective randomised controlled RSA study
Department of Orthopaedics, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Knee 16:200-6. 2009
..These findings suggest that an uncemented and non HA-coated femoral component may behave equally as well as a cemented one in the long-term...
- Mobile bearings do not improve fixation in cemented total knee arthroplasty
Department of Orthopaedics, Falu General Hospital, Falun, Sweden
Clin Orthop Relat Res 448:114-21. 2006
..It might be that the somewhat stiffer cobalt-chromium baseplate or the different joint conformity used in the mobile-bearing knees counteracts any potential effects of the mobile bearing...
- Uncemented HA-coated implant is the optimum fixation for TKA in the young patient
Kjell G Nilsson
Department of Orthopaedics, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
Clin Orthop Relat Res 448:129-39. 2006
..LEVEL OF EVIDENCE: Therapeutic Level I. See the Guidelines for Authors for a complete description of levels of evidence...