Affiliation: Faculty of Odontology
- Orthodontic space closure versus implant placement in subjects with missing teethB Thilander
Department of Orthodontics, The Sahlgrenska Academy at the Göteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Oral Rehabil 35:64-71. 2008..Thus, we need more research on basic level and clinical follow-up studies of large samples...
- Posterior crossbite and temporomandibular disorders (TMDs): need for orthodontic treatment?Birgit Thilander
Department of Orthodontics, Institute of Odontology, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Medicinaregatan 12, Gothenburg, Sweden
Eur J Orthod 34:667-73. 2012..Whether this treatment also will avoid future TMD problems can be answered only after clinical follow-up studies have been performed...
- Dentoalveolar development in subjects with normal occlusion. A longitudinal study between the ages of 5 and 31 yearsBirgit Thilander
Department of Orthodontics, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Eur J Orthod 31:109-20. 2009..A continuous increase of palatal height up to adulthood seems to be an effect of a slow continuous eruption of the teeth. This finding is also of significance in explaining the infraposition of implant-supported crowns...
- Roentgen-cephalometric standards for a Swedish population. A longitudinal study between the ages of 5 and 31 yearsBirgit Thilander
Department of Orthodontics, University of Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Orthod 27:370-89. 2005..The results clearly verify that facial pattern changes existed during the observation period, with a growth acceleration of most distances between the 13 and 16 year recordings...
- A study of children with unilateral posterior crossbite, treated and untreated, in the deciduous dentition--occlusal and skeletal characteristics of significance in predicting the long-term outcomeBirgit Thilander
Department of Orthodontics, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Orofac Orthop 63:371-83. 2002....
- Prevalence of temporomandibular dysfunction and its association with malocclusion in children and adolescents: an epidemiologic study related to specified stages of dental developmentBirgit Thilander
Faculty of Odontology, Department of Orthodontics, Goteborg University, Sweden
Angle Orthod 72:146-54. 2002..Girls were in general more affected than boys. Significant associations were found between different signs, and TMD was associated with posterior crossbite, anterior open bite, Angle Class III malocclusion, and extreme maxillary overjet...
- Long-term stability of dental arch form in normal occlusion from 13 to 31 years of ageJ Henrikson
Department of Orthodontics, , Sweden
Eur J Orthod 23:51-61. 2001..These findings of lack of stability in arch form in normal occlusion subjects, when passing from adolescence into adulthood, further question the possibility of achieving stability post-orthodontically...
- Orthodontic movement in bone defects augmented with Bio-Oss. An experimental study in dogsM G Araujo
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Odontology, Goteborg University, Sweden
J Clin Periodontol 28:73-80. 2001..To study if it was possible to move, by orthodontic means, a tooth into an area of the jaw that had been augmented with Bio-Oss...
- Orthodontic aspects of the use of oral implants in adolescents: a 10-year follow-up studyB Thilander
Department of Orthodontics, , Sweden
Eur J Orthod 23:715-31. 2001..Oral rehabilitation with implant-supported prosthetic constructions seems to be a good alternative in adolescents with extensive aplasia, provided that craniofacial growth has ceased or is almost complete...
- VIP interview. Birgit ThilanderBirgit Thilander
World J Orthod 8:81-3. 2007
- Implants and/or teeth: consensus statements and recommendationsK Gotfredsen
University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J Oral Rehabil 35:2-8. 2008..At the conference the consensus statements were presented as well as lectures based on the review articles. In this article the methods used at the consensus workshop are briefly described followed by the statements with comments...