Lars H Ellegård
- [Plant sterols in common food-stuffs reduce serum cholesterol]Lars Ellegård
Klinisk näringslära, Sahlgrenska Universitetssjukhuset, Goteborg
Lakartidningen 103:28-30, 33. 2006
- Oat bran rapidly increases bile acid excretion and bile acid synthesis: an ileostomy studyL Ellegard
Department of Clinical Nutrition, The Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Göteborg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:938-45. 2007..To study whether oat bran with native beta-glucans increases bile acid excretion and bile acid synthesis as measured by serum concentrations of 7alpha-hydroxy-4-cholesten-3-one (7alpha-HC)...
- Dietary plant sterols and cholesterol metabolismLars H Ellegård
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Box 459, SE 413 90 Goteborg, Sweden
Nutr Rev 65:39-45. 2007..The consumption of dietary plant sterols should be a part of dietary advice to patients with hypercholesterolemia and the general public for the prevention and management of coronary heart disease...
- Biochemical indices to evaluate nutritional support for malignant diseaseL H Ellegard
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sahlgrenska Academy of Göteborg University, SE 409 30 Göteborg, Sweden
Clin Chim Acta 390:23-7. 2008..If APPR is prevalent, methods detecting changes in body composition, performance or physical activity might offer better options to evaluate nutritional support...
- Bioelectric impedance spectroscopy underestimates fat-free mass compared to dual energy X-ray absorptiometry in incurable cancer patientsL H Ellegard
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:794-801. 2009..We examined in a prospective, comparative study if BIS could accurately estimate fat-free mass (FFM) in cancer patients compared to dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA)...
- Inverse relation between dietary intake of naturally occurring plant sterols and serum cholesterol in northern SwedenSofia Klingberg
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden, University of Umea, Umea, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 87:993-1001. 2008..Plant sterols are bioactive compounds, found in all vegetable foods, which inhibit cholesterol absorption. Little is known about the effect of habitual natural dietary intake of plant sterols...
- Oat bran stimulates bile acid synthesis within 8 h as measured by 7alpha-hydroxy-4-cholesten-3-oneMaria Andersson
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 76:1111-6. 2002..Bile acid synthesis correlates with serum concentrations of the metabolite 7alpha-hydroxy-4-cholesten-3-one (alpha-HC)...
- Body composition in the elderly: reference values and bioelectrical impedance spectroscopy to predict total body skeletal muscle massMarja Tengvall
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Nutr 28:52-8. 2009....