- Increased rate of arterial stiffening with obesity in adolescents: a five-year follow-up studyFrida Dangardt
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Clinical Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
PLoS ONE 8:e57454. 2013..Changes in arterial stiffness measured as pulse wave velocity (PWV) and vascular morphology of the radial (RA) and dorsal pedal arteries (DPA) were examined in obese adolescents compared to lean subjects in a 5-year follow-up study...
- Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation improves vascular function and reduces inflammation in obese adolescentsFrida Dangardt
Department of Clinical Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 212:580-5. 2010..We wanted to assess whether n-3 supplementation increases the serum n-3 PUFA concentration, improves vascular function and morphology, and lowers inflammation in obese adolescents...
- Reduced cardiac vagal activity in obese children and adolescentsFrida Dangardt
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Clinical Physiology Department of Paediatrics, Sahlgrenska Academy and University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 31:108-13. 2011..We measured cardiac spontaneous baroreflex sensitivity (BRS), reflecting the dynamic regulation of cardiac vagal function, in large groups of obese and lean young individuals...
- Lipid imaging of human skeletal muscle using TOF-SIMS with bismuth cluster ion as a primary ion sourceYlva Magnusson
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine Clinical Physiology, The Sahlgrenska Academy and University Hospital, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 28:202-9. 2008..We observed co-localization of fatty acids and diacylglycerol, which may indicate lipid-storing parts of the skeletal muscle. Thus, TOF-SIMS imaging can be used to depict the heterogeneous localization of lipids in human skeletal muscle...
- Obese children show increased intimal wall thickness and decreased pulse wave velocityFrida Dangardt
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Clinical Physiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 28:287-93. 2008....
- Sex differences in peripheral artery intima, media and intima media thickness in children and adolescentsWalter Osika
Department of Metabolism and Cardiovascular Research Clinical Physiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 203:172-7. 2009..We wanted to test whether there is already a difference between the sexes in childhood for IT, MT and intima media thickness (IMT) in the radial and dorsal pedal arteries...
- High physiological omega-3 Fatty Acid supplementation affects muscle Fatty Acid composition and glucose and insulin homeostasis in obese adolescentsFrida Dangardt
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Clinical Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, 416 85 Gothenburg, Sweden
J Nutr Metab 2012:395757. 2012..07). In males, none of these parameters was influenced by omega-3 supplementation. Thus, three months of supplementation of omega-3 LCPUFA improved glucose and insulin homeostasis in obese girls without influencing body weight...
- Increasing peripheral artery intima thickness from childhood to seniorityWalter Osika
Department of Clinical Physiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Sahlgrenska, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:671-6. 2007..Using new, very high-resolution ultrasound biomicroscopy, we examined the thickness of artificial layers of silicone and intima thickness (IT) of radial and anterior tibial arteries in healthy subjects and in patients with vascular disease...
- Imaging of lipids in human adipose tissue by cluster ion TOF-SIMSPer Malmberg
Institute of Biomedicine, The Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, SE 40530, Goteborg, Sweden
Microsc Res Tech 70:828-35. 2007..These results are in accordance to those of biochemical studies; however, a precise spatial localization of lipids in adipocytes is demonstrated with MS imaging...