- Early diagnosis and treatment is crucial for neurological recovery after surgery for metastatic spinal cord compression in prostate cancerSead Crnalic
Department of Surgical and Perioperative Sciences, Orthopedics, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Acta Oncol 52:809-15. 2013..The aim of the present study was to examine current practice for referral and diagnosis of prostate cancer patients with spinal cord compression and to identify prognostic factors for neurological outcome after surgery...
- Predicting survival for surgery of metastatic spinal cord compression in prostate cancer: a new scoreSead Crnalic
Department of Surgical and Perioperative Sciences Orthopedics, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:2168-76. 2012..We retrospectively analyzed prognostic factors for survival in patients with prostate cancer operated for metastatic spinal cord compression...
- Outcome after surgery for metastatic spinal cord compression in 54 patients with prostate cancerSead Crnalic
Departments of Surgical and Perioperative Sciences, Umea University, Sweden
Acta Orthop 83:80-6. 2012..We therefore studied patients operated for metastatic spinal cord compression in order to evaluate outcome of surgery and to find predictors of survival...
- Expression of androgen receptor splice variants in prostate cancer bone metastases is associated with castration-resistance and short survivalEmma Hörnberg
Department of Medical Biosciences, Pathology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e19059. 2011....
- Metabolomic characterization of human prostate cancer bone metastases reveals increased levels of cholesterolElin Thysell
Department of Chemistry, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
PLoS ONE 5:e14175. 2010..Identification of metabolic pathways involved in the growth of bone metastases therefore has the potential to improve PCa prognostication as well as therapy...