Affiliation: County Hospital Ryhov
- Gene expression and thiopurine metabolite profiling in inflammatory bowel disease - novel clues to drug targets and disease mechanisms?Sofie Haglund
Division of Medical Diagnostics, Laboratory Medicine, Ryhov County Hospital, Jonkoping, Sweden
PLoS ONE 8:e56989. 2013..Here we explored the molecular basis of differences in metabolite profiles and in relation to disease activity...
- Pyrosequencing of TPMT alleles in a general Swedish population and in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseSofie Haglund
Division of Research and Development in Laboratory Medicine, Ryhov County Hospital, SE 551 85 Jonkoping, Sweden
Clin Chem 50:288-95. 2004..Patients with inflammatory bowel disease (n = 24) and healthy volunteers (n = 6), selected on the basis of TPMT enzymatic activity, were investigated for all 10 SNPs to determine the relationship between TPMT genotype and phenotype...
- IMPDH activity in thiopurine-treated patients with inflammatory bowel disease - relation to TPMT activity and metabolite concentrationsSofie Haglund
Research and Development in Laboratory Medicine, Laboratory Medicine, Ryhov Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Br J Clin Pharmacol 65:69-77. 2008..This study investigated the role of inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH), which is a key enzyme in the de novo synthesis of guanine nucleotides and also strategically positioned in the metabolic pathway of thiopurines...
- Fast laboratory test results alone cannot deliver the benefits of near patient testing: a follow-up study after 3 years of extended laboratory service at a primary health care centreSofie Haglund
Division of Laboratory Medicine, Deparment of Research and Development in Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Chemistry, Ryhov Hospital, Jönköping County Council, Swenden
J Eval Clin Pract 15:227-33. 2009..However, to our knowledge, there has been no extensive evaluation of the effects on patient and clinical logistics when an extended laboratory service (ELS) is offered...
- The role of inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase in thiopurine metabolism in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseSofie Haglund
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Ther Drug Monit 33:200-8. 2011..In this study, the role of inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH) for differences in metabolite patterns of thiopurines was investigated...
- Identification of two novel sequence variants affecting thiopurine methyltransferase enzyme activityMalin Lindqvist
Department of Medicine and Care, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, SE 58185 Linkoping, Sweden
Pharmacogenetics 14:261-5. 2004..His father was genotyped as TPMT*1/*3A (6.0 U/ml pRBC). Hence, we report the identification of two novel sequence variants, present in highly conserved nucleotide positions of the human TPMT gene, resulting in a loss of enzyme activity...